• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/10 @ Detroit Mercy Titans

Started by oklahomamick, January 09, 2016, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoHoops

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 10, 2016, 07:15:05 PM
I think I would give Tevonn the edge of Peters for player of the week.  Both deserve it.  Perhaps co-player of the week?

Agreed on Tevonn. In the "feature" game of the week, the ESPN game, he made big shot after big shot. Alec will get plenty of awards.

agibson

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 10, 2016, 07:15:05 PMPerhaps co-player of the week?

Seems like it's been done, but maybe not for two players on the same team?

I always sort of figured teams nominated one of their players, but perhaps they could squeeze in two players on the nomination form.

a3uge

I think I would give Tevonn the edge of Peters for player of the week.  Both deserve it.  Perhaps co-player of the week?
No way, Felder scored 20+ in both games this week.

vusupporter

Alec also had a crap-ton (official measurement) of rebounds in both games as well.

And whoever is nominated will have to face off with Cameron Morse from YSU - dropped 44 last night, averaged somewhere around 28 for the week as the Penguins went 2-1 - anybody know the last time YSU won twice in the same week?

wh

Quote from: ValpoHoops on January 10, 2016, 07:18:07 PM

Agreed on Tevonn. In the "feature" game of the week, the ESPN game, he made big shot after big shot. Alec will get plenty of awards.

Not to diminish TW's contributions, but I don't I don't think you relegate the guy who averages 27 PPG, 13 RPG, and sets our all-time single game scoring record to "also received votes."  The last thing I want the HL office to take into account is how many awards specific players have gotten in the past or might get in the future. That would take an already somewhat subjective process to a whole new level of subjectivity.

chef

Agreed. Each team nominates one player. Alec will get the nomination and the award.

wh

From the UDM bb website game recap:

39 points by Valparaiso* was the most by an opponent since Negele Knight had 42 for Dayton on Feb. 24, 1990...

*Should be "Valparaiso's Alec Peters"

StlVUFan

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 10, 2016, 02:13:56 PMRefs went a little crazy with the whistles in the second half.
Titans fans were heckling them with 20 seconds to go: "C'mon ref, 20 seconds left.  Plenty of time to call more fouls!"

StlVUFan

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 09, 2016, 11:18:17 AM
As mentioned, let's separate the Oakland/Detroit game.  Titans bring different challenges.  Big question, will the Crusaders be mentally prepared after a ESPN2 game at Oakland?  The commissioner wrote a good piece on their blog and is worth reading.  I will be catching a 6am flight from Tulsa and will be at the game in Detroit.  Not too many direct flights from Tulsa but Detroit is one of them and after last nights game, I'm very excited.  And I've always wanted to see a game at Mercy.  Hope standby can get a seat and hope our guys are focused with a good game plan. 

The sagarin line has the good guys as 9 point favorites.
You and I are pictured in the Detroit Free Press: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/4ccd6724e4a4e07e6b254e3a0c1f44ce918d063d/c=516-0-4602-3072&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2016/01/10/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/635880420986939720-DF2-6022.JPG

oklahomamick

haha, good times. 

I wish our game against CSU @ the Q was on a weekend, I would fly up again. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Detroit actually created a "Ray needs to be replaced" topic on their forum. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 12, 2016, 10:01:22 AM
Detroit actually created a "Ray needs to be replaced" topic on their forum.
Actually says "McCollum Needs to Be Replaced"

Whoever that guy is...

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk