• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

@ Evansville Sat, Feb 2, 1PM CST- MVC TV Network

Started by justducky, January 30, 2019, 10:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2010

M - exactly. But ML did say something along the lines of he's not changing the way they do things. So, likely will not see a lot of changes in our offensive strategy. Though we will seemingly change-up our rotations to match-up skills-wise ... which is the only reason I can fathom Mileek not getting a shot against Evansville as poorly as the bigs were playing

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: M on February 03, 2019, 09:49:00 PM
This team is built to run and I'm so glad you mentioned walking it up the court. That drives me crazy we aren't crossing half court until there are 22 seconds on the clock. Get it out of the hoop, get it in and let's push the pace.

Firstly we have to get defensive stops to put the real hustle/pace on the offense....so that's a thing.  Second, every team has learned to put full court press on us nearly all times which takes time off the shot clock.  That's precisely their aim is to limit our fast break.  So I'm not certain about the complaint...

M

Teams aren't really scoring at a very high rate so the stops isn't that big of an issue. They still walk it up when they're getting stops.  Next, the press teams are putting on is a 2-2-1, and they aren't trapping or anything out of that press.  Regardless, I hope to see something different because what they're doing is clearly not working.