• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at SIU 1/30 4:00 p.m. ESPN+

Started by humbleopinion, January 30, 2022, 05:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

The Packers have bowed out of the playoffs, so my viewing schedule has been freed up for Beacon b-ball. 

This game will determine which team has sole possession of 6th place in the conference standings.

SIU is on a three game losing streak, but two of those games were to Loyola (the other was an eight point loss to Bradley).  The Salukis beat VU by three in the ARC  a few weeks ago, and their other two wins were against Evansville and Indiana State. Our defensive focus has to be on containing Marcus Domask; however, when teams have paid too much attention to him, Lance Jones has stepped up.

We started the year with fifteen scholarship players, and five of those were unavailable for the last game. We know that Trevor is gone for the season, but will Kithier be back (or how is Kithier's back)?  Does anyone know what's up with Conner? Luke says that Emil may be able to play before the season ends, but does that mean soon? 
Beamin' Beacons

usc4valpo

I love Valpo basketball, but the Burrow vs. Mahomes matchup takes precedence. Chiefs win 34-24

Valpo89

I know this game is rescheduled due to SIU having Covid issues a few weeks ago, but come on Missouri Valley Conference. How can you schedule a game during NFL championship Sunday?

VALPO LI

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 30, 2022, 07:03:19 AM
I love Valpo basketball, but the Burrow vs. Mahomes matchup takes precedence. Chiefs win 34-24
Multitask my friend and watch both!!!
Shine on Vu

justducky

Quote from: VALPO LI on January 30, 2022, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on January 30, 2022, 07:03:19 AM
Multitask my friend and watch both!!!

One of these games I don't care about and the other one I shouldn't.

Painful as it was I watched SIU at the ARC and maybe I will backslide and watch today also. It is amazing how far my expectations have fallen in that short period of time!   :'(

AB

Could be like a 62-54 game. 1) What defensive intensity will show up today, can we guard all 30 seconds of the shot clock? 2) Health of Kithier? We lack any interior defense without him. 3) Post up Taylor more, he has height advantage. Curious what fight the team will show today, especially if they go through scoring droughts. Season slipping away.

VUSWIM08-12

Still an opportunity to not play on Thursday , and therefor anything is possible lol! Still tough to watch VU this year ,  wish we could put it on someone in the league! Win by 12+ I mean . Ruedinger needs to hit open shots , any news on Kithier ?

covufan

Quote from: AB on January 30, 2022, 12:52:06 PM
Could be like a 62-54 game. 1) What defensive intensity will show up today, can we guard all 30 seconds of the shot clock? 2) Health of Kithier? We lack any interior defense without him. 3) Post up Taylor more, he has height advantage. Curious what fight the team will show today, especially if they go through scoring droughts. Season slipping away.
We have a defense?

KC playing well today. What time does pregame for Rams-49'ers start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valpotx

Geez, Darius is playing like sh!t.  He keeps picking up his dribble, allowing the defender to come up on him, he dribbled right into a guy for a turnover, he is almost causing a backcourt violation when giving it to Kevion at mid-court, not waiting until he crosses, etc. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

We have a (football) score 17-14 bad guys. We had 9-7 lead, then fell behind 17-9. Small comeback

Chairback

Preston, Trey, and Darius and not MVC level players. Im sorry but I just don't see it.  I know they are young but they are just not athletic and skilled enough for this league. 

valpotx

I just don't understand lob passes when a defender is sagging off you.  We do this all of the time.  Do we seriously think that the defender is just going to let it happen??  WTF?!?!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUSWIM08-12

ML also isn't an MVC coach either ,  they are picking us apart , I wish someone on this team had some attitude or any fire , ML is supposed to be the leader , has anyone heard him get on his guys with any fire? I'm being serious , I've only been to a a couple live games in the ML era. You don't have to go Bobby Knight on em but I'd rather see something that the same pursed lip pacing ML

tjjvalpo

I missed the first half and I guess I can miss the rest of the game as well. Even better, I am heading out of town and I won't being going to the next two home games. I have heard over the years that Matt is really competitive and wants to win! I just don't see it and the teams energy reflects his energy. I am sorry but I tired of it.

valpotx

Turning it off.  Haven't left a game this early in a long time
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Shake this one off.  2 easy games coming up.  Win those two and we are in reach of a 6th place. 
CRUSADERS!!!

covufan

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 30, 2022, 05:20:02 PM
Shake this one off.  2 easy games coming up.  Win those two and we are in reach of a 6th place.
Thanks for being positive

Valpo2010

Glad I chose to flip over to the Chiefs/Bengals game.

VU2014

AlaskaCrusader19

Glad I missed it. Hopefully MLB and President Padilla saw, at least. Pathetic.

mj

Lottich has already demonstrated he's a bad coach. Another year or so of this and he'll lose his reputation for being a good recruiter.

At this rate he'll be out of basketball in a few years.
I believe that we will win.

wh

Brandon - If you were thinking about a new Valpo Bi-Weekly, don't waste your time. I assure you, no one is interested anymore.

nkvu

Didn't even bother to check the score as it was much more satisfying watching the unexpectedly amazing Bengals punch their ticket to the Super Bowl. Who Dey!!

NativeCheesehead

We came into this season with two questions.

1. Is Lottich "The Guy"?
2. If not, does the admin have the ability, and the will, to move on?

I think we now have the answer to #1. And in the next 6-8 weeks we should have the answer to #2.