• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baylor vs. Wisconsin

Started by milanmiracle, March 28, 2014, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milanmiracle

Wow, was that awful. I watched that game figuring that Wisconsin would win, but that was some of the worst defense I've ever seen. That zone was pathetic. Bo Ryan was spot on by saying they should have been up by more at half. The entry pass to the foul line was open all night, and a pass from the top of the key to the baseline should NEVER be open...it happened 3 times last night. Wisconsin's offense was either a 3, a layup or foul line jumper.

My real reason for posting is that I haven't watched Baylor much this year...is their zone always that bad, or were they terrified of Wisconsin and their shooters.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

wh

I didn't see the game, but as bad as Baylor's defense may have looked, Wisc's. 69 point total is only 1 point higher than Baylor gives up on average. The bigger question might be how Baylor scored 23 points below their season scoring average.

vu72

Didn't see the game either but that failed Baylor zone absolutely killed Creighton last week.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

justducky

I flipped the game on late and saw that Baylor was playing man before I noticed the score. I thought maybe I had the wrong game!

From the bits and pieces of Baylor basketball I watched this season I was always impressed with how much better the Baylor players could cover the floor and limit the offensive opportunities verses the VU zone execution. There was a stretch of HL play which was so bad that I thought our man play was far superior.

I would like to post a warning to any NCAA surviving participant whose path may cross with Wisconsin. If you fall back by 10 or more then throw in the towel, take your team to the showers, and don't let anybody try to talk you out of it!    :whiteflag:

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: justducky on March 28, 2014, 02:14:53 PMI would like to post a warning to any NCAA surviving participant whose path may cross with Wisconsin. If you fall back by 10 or more then throw in the towel, take your team to the showers, and don't let anybody try to talk you out of it!
I agree.  I haven't seen that many white dudes pass so much, or play so well, since the state final win over South Bend Central.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa