• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HLN Archives?

Started by KL31NY, January 03, 2013, 08:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

Don't know if anyone else has talked about this anywhere else on the forum, but are full games going to be available on the Horizon League website?

I want to say they've had archives available in the past couple seasons, but I'm not seeing any archives on the site (this year, past years, basketball, other sports, pretty much skimmed it all).
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valporun

KL, they only archive conference championship games and all conference basketball games, because the coaches doesn't want so much free access available to other schools to view what we do. I didn't see an archive for last night's game though, just highlights.

KL31NY

I didn't see an archive for last night either. You bring up a great point about access and scouting, though. I remember being able to watch full games in past seasons, but since those games are no longer available and I'm not seeing ones for the games this year, they might be keeping them offline for that reason.

Also, congrats on 1000 posts, legend!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valporun

Thanks for the compliment on the number of posts.

In terms of the archives, I think the HL compromised with coaches to archive conference games, and just do highlights of non-conference home games. I don't know if in working with the kinks of the new HD system, they just haven't gotten around to archiving them yet, or rather than archiving them one at a time, they wanted to do a big group of them at once? With a Wednesday-Saturday schedule of games this week, they may be waiting to put all of them out at the same time this week...

agibson

I'd say that the archiving wasn't always prompt for conference games - but I don't remember with great clarity.  Sometimes it was very fast, certainly.

Who was it that sometimes archived the radio broadcasts?  For all of... at least one season?  Was it WAKE?  I'm not seeing a link this year.

StlVUFan

Quote from: agibson on January 04, 2013, 11:15:10 AM
I'd say that the archiving wasn't always prompt for conference games - but I don't remember with great clarity.  Sometimes it was very fast, certainly.

Who was it that sometimes archived the radio broadcasts?  For all of... at least one season?  Was it WAKE?  I'm not seeing a link this year.
1.  Still close to the holidays, I'm willing to be patient with the archives.

2.  A few years ago, WAKE did have a lot of archived broadcasts on their site, but it was an anomaly.  Haven't seen it since then, and it was only that one year.

valpopal

The archives of the first conference games are up now at the HL site. Valpo-Loyola is at the following:
http://www.horizonleague.org/video.html?id=7777