• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Adam Amin Calling ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

Started by KL31NY, July 28, 2013, 07:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

Amin is the lead announcer on ESPN Radio for Cardinals/Braves. Game underway on http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn and the ESPN Radio app.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

vu72

I listened to the game for about 2 hours on my way home from Dallas.  The kid is good, really good!  Big things ahead for him.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Pretty cool!  Maybe he can casually mention Valpo every so often to give us PR  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Big time!  Good on him.

(Here for a second I thought we were talking ESPN _TV_ baseball.  Now _that_ would be big.)

valporun

I've listened to Adam do a lot of college sports stuff for ESPN, and caught him in the late innings of Saturday's game, as ESPN radio covered that Cardinals-Braves game. He is real good, but doesn't do a lot of innocent name dropping of Valpo during his work. He stays more to the game on the field or court, whether it is football, volleyball, basketball, or whatever sport he's covering. I have ragged him on Twitter a few times about his height compared to LaPhonso Ellis during basketball season, but he takes it in stride very well.

StlVUFan

I was kind of upset over the past weekend:

1.  101 ESPN carried Schaap during the two games
2.  ESPNRadio app on my Android couldn't even find my internet connection.
3.  espnradio.com kept dropping on me when they went to commercial break.  Had to hit refresh over and over and over and over again and hope that some random number of refreshes would restore the stream.

Adam has a very good delivery and he seemed to have a pretty good rapport with ex-White Sox OFer Chris Singleton.  There were a couple of times I found their analysis substandard, but it's actually pretty good that I only found one or two of those.  Usually I run out of fingers.

agibson

Quote from: StlVUFan on July 31, 2013, 03:34:07 PMseemed to have a pretty good rapport with ex-White Sox OFer Chris Singleto

Chris Singleton!  If I knew he played for the Sox, I'd forgotten - looks like he played more for other teams, but more for the Sox than for any other single team.

I do remember listening to him on the radio for a bunch of White Sox games.  The dates aren't exactly lining up in my head, but I guess it was the 2006 season.

It would probably bring back a lot of pleasant auditory memories to hear he and Adam Amin calling a game.

Is Adam going to be a regular on ESPN radio baseball?  What teams?  Or games?

rink

Have to imagine that an Outstanding Young Alumni Award is in Amin's near future.

agibson

Maybe his merits a new thread, hard to know.  Or maybe we just need a global "Isn't Adam Amin great?" thread.

Calling his first MLB opening day today.

[tweet]585081658161950720[/tweet]

Mets at Nationals.  3 pm eastern.  Maybe it streams at
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mlbonespnradio
and probably from the ESPN Radio app?

okinawatyphoon

He's going places......good for him and Valpo!  :thumbsup:
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

valpotx

He actually called a college Wrestling championship a few weeks ago, as well.  He seems to do it all!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on April 07, 2015, 12:16:02 AM
He actually called a college Wrestling championship a few weeks ago, as well.  He seems to do it all!!

By which I think you mean -the- college wrestling championship.  Or at least the major one.  I only tuned in a few minutes of the wrestling, but he was doing a nice job.

historyman

I wonder if Adam Amin will ever do rodeo such as Ron Magers of channel 7 did in his early career in Washington state. During Magers time on the Cub broadcast today on channel 7 WLS he talked about his days doing rodeo broadcasts and recreating radio broadcasts of baseball games simply by getting the stats and scorecards over the phone and imagining being at the game and describing the action. Much like Ronald Reagan did in his early days of broadcasting.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Their was some discussion on twitter of a burrito-eating contest...