• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The New 2013 FB Season

Started by VULB#62, August 24, 2013, 10:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

28-0, early 2nd quarter. 50+ yard pass to set up the latest score. This Greg Hardin guy is really good.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on August 29, 2013, 07:07:30 PMAnyone able to view this game on the Big Sky network?  I am having trouble, and it appears I installed everything that was required, because the demo video functions.
No luck on the live video broadcast of the game. Now that I have heard that Valpo still has no defense or special teams I'm pretty sure I don't want to watch it. You have to wonder what goes on during those practices. There's no need for at PAT kicker if you can't score and the defense can't stop their offense at all. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

setshot

USC 27 -UNC 10 in the 4th. Q. VU is getting clobbered and I don't mean Vanderbilt U. Pathetic.  :'(

KL31NY

Listening to North Dakota radio via TuneIn. Met Paul Ralston, one of their broadcasters, last year for a basketball game I covered. Great guy, though he was suspended for two games last basketball season for using "choke job" in a post-game interview with the head coach after a tough loss.

Also of note about UND, they won't have a nickname again until 2015. North Dakota used to be the "Fighting Sioux" until the NCAA helped pressure the school to drop the moniker. When the nickname was discontinued, a new state law promoted a "cooling off" period until a new moniker would officially be adopted.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

usc4valpo

Hopefully the real USC will not falter tonight at the grungy Aloha Stadium...

BTW, perhaps Valpo should play a school from Hawaii.  A road trip there will help recruiting...

35-0, in favor of the former Sioux....

we need a 20-20 second half and I will have picked the score!  That would be great after having a hellacious day.

KL31NY

35-0 North Dakota _________ over the Valparaiso Crusaders at halftime

bbtds

This first half proves that Carlson has made no progress at all with this Valpo football team. I hope our AD starts looking for a new head coach immediately so he has his ducks in a row at the end of the season. Or will Carlson even complete this season?

usc4valpo

Dude, I want to agree with you, but this game is men against boys.  You knew this was coming up.

KL31NY

So it's 42-0 now? Just heard North Dakota returned a kickoff for a touchdown to open the half. Just rejoined the coverage during the Crusaders' possession

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on August 29, 2013, 08:47:01 PM
Dude, I want to agree with you, but this game is men against boys.  You knew this was coming up.

As was mentioned by several posters on this board the team was improving. I specifically remember a quote that said "how could they be any worse." To me they are losing badly to a team that was fair to poor in a decent football conference and that actually shows regression and not improvement. Valpo is actually worse. 

KL31NY

Valpo on the board!!! Muffed punt gives the Crusaders another chance and Valpo barely clears the bar on a field goal! It's now 42-3 North Dakota early in the 3rd quarter.

UND radio originally announced Pando, but they've backtracked and said it was Young.

covufan

Quote from: KL31NY on August 29, 2013, 08:50:22 PM
So it's 42-0 now? Just heard North Dakota returned a kickoff for a touchdown to open the half. Just rejoined the coverage during the Crusaders' possession
They probably watched tape from last season - looks the same play still works.

covufan

Quote from: bbtds on August 29, 2013, 08:33:03 PM
This first half proves that Carlson has made no progress at all with this Valpo football team. I hope our AD starts looking for a new head coach immediately so he has his ducks in a row at the end of the season. Or will Carlson even complete this season?

Carlson will complete the season.  As long as this team shows some improvement, he'll most likely be back.

FWalum

Dissapointed that the WVUR radio stream is not working.  Needed a Todd fix with no success. 
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

KL31NY

Jake Miller, referred to on UND's latest scoring play as a "ballerina" by UND radio, adds another touchdown. 49-3 North Dakota in the third

KL31NY

Quote from: FWalum on August 29, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
Dissapointed that the WVUR radio stream is not working.  Needed a Todd fix with no success. 
I've heard that the issue is with Valpo IT. Summer changes might have inadvertently rerouted the webcast output, wouldn't be the first time that's happened. #ItsITsFault

KL31NY

TOUCHDOWN VALPO! Lehman to Gladney! 49-10 North Dakota late in the 3rd

FWalum

Quote from: KL31NY on August 29, 2013, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: FWalum on August 29, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
Disappointed that the WVUR radio stream is not working.  Needed a Todd fix with no success. 
I've heard that the issue is with Valpo IT. Summer changes might have inadvertently rerouted the webcast output, wouldn't be the first time that's happened. #ItsITsFault
It can't be all that inexpensive to send Todd and crew on these trips, you would think this would be worked out before the actual broadcast, sparing VU the embarrassment of the silent broadcast.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

KL31NY

North Dakota scores again. 56-10 UND. I'm calling it a night. Hope I miss some good things. Take care, everyone!

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on August 26, 2013, 01:46:55 AM
North Dakota 66
Valpo 10

I'm sure valpotx is rooting for no more scoring in this game.

vu72

I couldn't get the video or Todd.  Suppose there is a bright spot or two but hard to imagine.  clearly outclassed.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

rink

willy

More of the same old stuff.  No defense, UND only stopped themselves with a missed FG and a fumble. 11 of there 13 drives scored. Terrible special teams play, and the same old offense with throws to the running back. Was hoping for a score like 37-17 not another embarrassing blowout.

valpotx

Quote from: bbtds on August 29, 2013, 09:50:30 PM
Quote from: valpotx on August 26, 2013, 01:46:55 AM
North Dakota 66
Valpo 10

I'm sure valpotx is rooting for no more scoring in this game.

Man, I was really hoping it wouldn't be as bad as my guess lol.  Hopefully the guys enjoyed playing a team with scholarship players, so that they get a reality check in regards to where we need to be to contend for a playoff spot, and take it out on competition we should be able to compete and win against. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Pgmado

The issue was not on WVUR's end. The WVUR webcast was working properly in that everything was being sent correctly from the on-air board to the media encoder that packages the stream. The problem was with the audiocast.valpo.edu link that the University assigned. Over the summer the servers were changed and WVUR's website was affected as well as the stream. Both are visible and able to work on campus, but are not visible off campus. I personally tested the webcast late last week on campus and it worked fine. It was never apparent that there would be a difference in the performance between on-campus and off-campus computers. WVUR and University staff worked throughout the day on Thursday to address the concerns and will continue to do so on Friday.