• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA Transfer Rules to Change Soon?

Started by KL31NY, January 16, 2014, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

Earlier today, the NCAA's Leadership Council decided not to adopt a proposal that would require all transfers to sit out for one season after changing schools. Although no change was approved, that proposal, and recommendations specifically for undergraduate and graduate transfers, are still under consideration.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/01/16/ncaa-convention-college-athlete-transfer-rule/4524209/

Anyone with an opinion? My preference is simply for consistency with how transfers get or don't get waivers. Midseason transfers seem to be the most confusing for me when players come out with different eligibility in seemingly similar cases.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

I just think that there should be clearer rules about who can play immediately, and who must sit 1 year.  It seems like the NCAA just picks out of a hat in regards to who will get to continue playing right away...
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpo_Hockey

The NCAA rules are hurting it chances of gaining impact players, especially in the hockey rely where there are many more options available to players.