• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #29 @UNI Saturday 2/23/19 7pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, February 22, 2019, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Quote from: VUSL98 on February 23, 2019, 07:44:36 PM
Thoughts at the half:
1.  Too many substitutions.  How can these guys get in a rhythm?
2.  Bad passing.
3.  Bad shooting.
4.  Not enough McMillan.
5.  Amazed we're only down 7.

Let's go VU!

In a physical game like this it might not be a bad idea to get him in there. Won't have to worry as much about the fouls. He's a more skilled offensive player than Kiser.

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 23, 2019, 07:40:26 PM
Too much Kiser

Lottich is a defense first coach and it seems like Kiser is his "safety blanket". He's not as skilled as McMillan but he doesn't usually make the silly fouls. The problem is that Kiser doesn't offer much of anything on the offensive side of the ball. He also isn't a confident outside shooter. you can almost see the hesitation in his offensive game. If a untrained eye like me can see this than every coach can see that as well.

SanityLost17

I will preface this that I fully understand UNI is playimg much better lately.

But we broke down on defense over and over again and it wasn't them running great offense.

We look like a middle school offensive team and they don't have to try very hard to make us look that way. 

oklahomamick

We cannot get good looks running our half court offense.

Therefore, run and gun!
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

We always play better when we push pace but we never do it unless we're forced to.

NativeCheesehead

wh

Quote from: VUSL98 on February 23, 2019, 07:44:36 PM
Thoughts at the half:
1.  Too many substitutions.  How can these guys get in a rhythm?
2.  Bad passing.
3.  Bad shooting.
4.  Not enough McMillan.
5.  Amazed we're only down 7.

Let's go VU!

Agree with #1, but that's on the players getting pulled. Sackey - beat on a back door, pulled. Evelyn - lazily following behind his man cutting to the basket (of course), beat on a back door, pulled. Smits - stood like a statue instead of going for a loose ball that he was closest to (what's new), pulled. Two other wide open layups with no Valpo defender within 10 feet. Everyone (myself included) has been begging Matt to pull people for lazy defense. Well, he's finally doing it. I'm all for it. We went from "first to 55" games to "first to 80 games" because of lazy defense by certain players who only want to play hard on offense. Keep pulling those guys until they either get the message or go somewhere where loafing is accepted. This is all about getting ready for next year anyway.

VUGrad1314

Loose balls and rebounding... Tighten it up...

VU2014

Anyone hear Lottich and Jacobson chirping on the court!!!??? Love it!

VUGrad1314

Pushing the rock up the hill and it rolls back down... So frustrating...

may know

Freeman always heats up down the stretch

VUGrad1314

THEY'RE NOT EVEN FORCING THESE TURNOVERS!!! TAKE CARE OF THE _____________________ING BALL!!!

nkvu

We find new and interesting ways to turn the ball over.

VU2014

Holy hell start calling the game BOTH ways!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

NativeCheesehead

If they go up by ten and put this away I want Lottich getting tossed.  Time to stick up for your team Matt.

VUGrad1314

Not a word about the refs tonight. If we lose this one is on us. WAY too many unforced errors tonight. Frankly we'll be extremely lucky to pull this one out. We don't deserve to win tonight at all. Horrible offensive execution. Plenty of opportunities but terrible inexcusably bad execution.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VU2014 on February 23, 2019, 08:31:55 PM
Holy hell start calling the game BOTH ways!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hope Lottich is in their ear ... I believe a point of emphasis this year was to keep team fouls as even as possible.

valpopal

[tweet]1099496936665743362[/tweet]

I agree!

VUGrad1314

This team is FRUSTRATING. No poise. No fortitude.

a3uge

The reffing in the game is an embarrassment

valpotx

I will keep saying that this team is one of the worst in the last 25 years.  The amount of dumb passes/turnovers is staggering.  The lack of knowledge that you need to be set when screening, and can't leave early, is ridiculous.  I can't wait for this season to be done.
"Don't mess with Texas"

jloose128

If my son's team was struggling, I would also want my son in the game.

a3uge

Lavender and missing free throws, name a more iconic duo

NativeCheesehead

I still think Matt will and should get next year. But he's not the guy that will take us to the next level in this conference. 

And with Homer as my witness I will not renew my season tickets if MLB gives Lottich a Dorow Lame Duck contract extension this offseason. He has proved nothing yet.

VU2014

Quote from: jloose128 on February 23, 2019, 08:45:47 PM
If my son's team was struggling, I would also want my son in the game.

Just don't want Mom's of two of your best players to be unhappy.