• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo hosts Missouri State Feb 25th 7PM Senior Night

Started by VUBBFan, February 24, 2020, 11:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUBBFan

Big game for both teams trying to avoid playing Thursday night in St Louis. Both are playing some of their best the last few games. Let's Pack the ARC and make it Rock. Should be one heck of a game.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1231986563992694787

valpopal

Could be touch and go but might get in the game under the wire with snow currently scheduled to arrive about 6 PM and big accumulations following the game.

Just Sayin

The two teams with the greatest momentum going into tomorrow's game to do battle. We can either get down by 17 or will shoot 3's like we did the other night and win.  Easy peasy to win at home.  MVC is number one in home game win%. Cheer like crazy if we get down by 17 because we all know what the outcome will be. 

Book the win.

Just sayin, often wrong, never in doubt.

VUGrad1314

Are they considering moving the start time up in the name of safety? It might be prudent with a huge snowstorm coming in.

Just Sayin

In conference, Valpo is 7th in offensive efficiency and 6th in defensive efficiency. One leg in sixth, one leg in seventh. This team's improvement in defense is likely to push them to sixth place and to avoid a Thursday game. And even if we end up in 7th place, that's better than an 8th or 9th, the winner of which will likely face Northern Iowa. As a 7th, if we beat Evansville, we go through Loyola (likely) before playing Northern Iowa. 

Given the history of conference championships in the MVC, things rarely go according to the best seed progressing.   Should be fun to watch. 

Go Valpo. 

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 24, 2020, 06:54:44 PM
Are they considering moving the start time up in the name of safety? It might be prudent with a huge snowstorm coming in.

The weather forecast has been changing all night. It now looks like most of the snow and rain will move east and south of Valpo (more down in our area of Central Indiana-but probably more rain) It looks like at the most 3 inches of snow with rain beginning the storm. This could be a case of the forecast doing more damage to attendance than the actual weather.

VUGrad1314

Glad to know that the forecast has taken a more benign turn in recent hours. I hope the weather holds off until everyone is safely home and can ride the storm out.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

SanityLost17

I would really like to win this game.   Mostly because this game last year we were down like 4 players and they barely beat us.   They were a "hot" team last  year and we should have swept them. 

I think we will be cold from 3 but still find a way to win a close game. 

vuny98

We have played 5 good games in a row (granted two of those games had horrible 1st halfs). But in general, I think the team is in a good stride and I see that continuing today at home. Valpo comes away with a big W.

Valpo 72
MoSt 60

valpo84

It's been working to predict .... first team to 70 wins. 
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

truth219

If the outside temperature drops a few more degrees, it's going to be nasty come tip off..its snowing hard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

KL31NY

"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

SanityLost17

2 freaking years in a row we can't freaking catch a break when MoSt comes to town.  Insane. 

humbleopinion

Beamin' Beacons

justducky

Big point guard minutes for Daniel, Eron and Zion! I wouldn't be surprised if something good comes out of this challenge. Probably not victory good but good for setting up for St Louis. Maybe a 10 deep rotation team can advance from Thursday. Loyola and SIU no longer terrify me.

NativeCheesehead

Pep band out tonight too apparently. Unbelievable.

valpo64

Last weekend someone reported on this board that Kiser would not play vs Bradley but not only did he play but he started.  Regarding Javon, could Matt be leaking out info to throw our competition off base?   No, we wouldn't do that, would we?   :)

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

hailcrusaders

Students turned out better than I thought given the weather (not that they had to walk far), but man I hate to see so many of them sitting this early in the game. Would not be like that ten years ago.

On the court, this team is monumentally better when Clay and/or McMillan are able to contribute offensively, even with JFL out.
#CrusadersForever

Valpower

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 25, 2020, 07:07:15 PM
Well this is unusual.  I like it.
Good defensive start and the offense is happily moving well and not settling for threes. MSU has got to be confused as to how and whom to shut down with JFL out.

hailcrusaders

Someone tell Krikke that it's okay to dunk....came back to bite us against Drake
#CrusadersForever

nkvu

Wow!  A fast start.  Who are these guys?  Now if we can avoid our usual extended scoring drought....

M

Nice first half. Krikke played real well on offense. Sure hope they all decide to start rebounding on defense for the second half.