• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Football recruiting 2023

Started by IndyValpo, April 29, 2022, 01:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

Paul Oren dropped a 50 min podcast on the Victory Bell early this afternoon.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Valpofb16 was one of the podcast guests. There are lots of one-by-one Twitter posts too. Figure the SID is waiting until all the forms are in before they do a release.

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on November 26, 2022, 08:27:07 AM
#88 RSFR George Dristiliaris has entered the portal. Backed up Hafner to begin season. Molnar and Elmore began taking reps as season moved on
Signed with Butler

IndyValpo

Quote from: JD24 on February 02, 2023, 02:51:46 PM
Usually there is an article for NSD but nothing. Was the day so poor that they don't want to talk about it?
Just checked 3, Butler has announced 17, Dayton and Drake have not announced yet.

vu72

Great coverage on the Victory Bell!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

David81

Loved the report in The Victory Bell.

For all the gnashing of teeth (myself included) in the MBB threads, the football program is building a steady sense of momentum. Compared to previous points at which folks were optimistic about improvement, it's a higher level of expectations than simply wanting to be minimally respectable.

historyman

Quote from: David81 on February 04, 2023, 12:03:58 PM
Loved the report in The Victory Bell.

For all the gnashing of teeth (myself included) in the MBB threads, the football program is building a steady sense of momentum. Compared to previous points at which folks were optimistic about improvement, it's a higher level of expectations than simply wanting to be minimally respectable.

There really IS a huge difference in the quality of coaching. Despite being one of the most outstanding people you could meet in the world, the coaching ability is NOT good for Matt Lottich or his staff.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

soapyjeans

Fox and his staff did a good job recruiting.  I'm excited about the upcoming season  ;) 

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on January 28, 2023, 06:30:33 PM
New Commits:

Ian Scott - 5'10 165 - WR - Brentwood Academy - TN

Micah Mackay - 6'2 190 - WR - Lutheran - IN

Chase Lowary -6'1 205 - LB - Point Loma - CA

Scott is only one we lost, he flipped to Dartmouth.

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on November 23, 2022, 12:27:16 PM
DT Chase Randall has entered the Transfer Portal. Was beat out by a true freshman Logan Chastain. RSSO Trojanek is the back up.
PWO at Arizona.

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on December 06, 2022, 04:39:53 PM
#48 Jackson Dorr has entered portal. Means Matthes is back?
Transfers to Stony Brook.

NotBryceDrew

Brandon Martin looks to be the real deal. 2+ mins into highlights is still sacs 6+ is still TFLs. Not beating up on smaller OL either running through larger tackles and guards. Looks like a great commit

soapyjeans

Just read Valpos thread on incoming new coaches, and its an impressive read.  Oh and off topic but hey, why doesn't Valpo Football have its own section ???, can't help but notice basketball does??? 

valpofb16

Would be a question for moderator, I'm sure they could make it happen

valpofb16

Ezekiel Zeff Dt has decommitted.

Not a huge loss as that's a position of depth. Have added a xfer there as well who should help. D3 large contributor.

Will play if cleared, I don't know the xfer rules anymore

FBFan22

Valpo picks up a JUCO WR,  Brandon Barthel 6'0 195 lbs from American River Junior College.

valpofb16

PWO to UNLV / Southern Utah out of HS.

Tezzo, Jimenez , Barthel, Bingham. Wells less dry than it was Jan 1.