• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2020 Football Roster

Started by IndyValpo, August 31, 2020, 03:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

Just checked the roster:
OL Vas and Russell no longer on the roster. Russell was hurt badly last year but Vas was our most experienced lineman and the only senior. We thought our OL experience was minimal last year....more of the same. We have lots of Redshirt Freshmen and true Freshmen.

Also gone are TE Kluck and gigantic DL Sete.

usc4valpo

If you are a senior this year, you might as well move on with your life.

valpofb16

Some thoughts.

1) removing players keeps us in loop. FYI Derek Byrd committed to Culver Stockton, Sergio Gasperoni at Northwood

2) if im a senior and going to grad school my name is in the transfer portal. If im not I'm using this time to intern

3) numbers would be nice but I guess theoretically pointless

4) program needed a reset and this is almost best case scenario. Let guys move on who aren't committed anymore, redshirt everyone , and avoid a win/loss record

IndyValpo

New TE coach has been named. Barry Derickson, comes from a JC in Texas but he has coached all over the place.

Also lost 2 more seniors as Shannon and Lopez appear to be gone as well as freshman LB Foggie. Added to the roster were WR Matt Ross, TE Holden Hodge and Robert Washington who appears to be a RB

IndyValpo

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 17, 2020, 06:36:29 PM
New TE coach has been named. Barry Derickson, comes from a JC in Texas but he has coached all over the place.

Also lost 2 more seniors as Shannon and Lopez appear to be gone as well as freshman LB Foggie. Added to the roster were WR Matt Ross, TE Holden Hodge and Robert Washington who appears to be a RB
Update on Robert Washington he has played at both Charlotte and Old Dominion and has carried for over 600 years at the FBS level.

valpotx

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 24, 2020, 09:19:20 PM

Update on Robert Washington he has played at both Charlotte and Old Dominion and has carried for over 600 years at the FBS level.

That's a lot of experience!! :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on September 25, 2020, 02:14:17 AM
Quote from: IndyValpo on September 24, 2020, 09:19:20 PM

That's a lot of experience!! :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

NotBryceDrew

It looks like Washington was a 4 star recruit out of High school and held many of the P5 offers.

JD24

The first class this guy should be enrolled in is a commitment class. In HS committed to Mississippi St then de-committed; committed to Syracuse then de-committed. Went to NC Charlotte and played en entire season. Then left sophomore year after 3 games in which he was the starter. At some point he showed up on a Liberty roster but ended up at Old Dominion for the 2019 season. Also transferred during senior year in HS.

valpofb16

So what you're saying is hes a shifty back

NWIGuy

Saw on social media that there was intra-squad scrimmage today. Guys were in game unis and full pads, so I'd have to guess it was a full contact deal...

Anyone on this board there? Hear anything?

valpofb16

Michael Foggie is still in the program which is good news as he comes from Illinois powerhouse Mount Carmel. Could be like a Brandon Hall situation from 2012. (inelg had to sit out year)

valpofb16

#8 Laddie Skarecky has opted out of season, Donovan Earles has changed to #8, presumably Foggie will wear #35

Laddie split time as a freshman/sophomore at snake, same with husky position last year.never got it going.

vu72

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but there is a GOFUNDME site raising money for an alternative helmet for the team.  This is a recruiting help as well.  Makes the program more "big time".

I suggested that they could spray paint the leather one I had but they decided to go another route. If you could spare a few bucks it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/valparaiso-football-alumni-helmet-campaign?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B5806-thank-you-ask-share
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

NotBryceDrew

Wait please tell me that image of the yellow helmet and jerseys aren't the one they want to get.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 08, 2020, 08:10:37 AM#8 Laddie Skarecky has opted out of season, Donovan Earles has changed to #8, presumably Foggie will wear #35 Laddie split time as a freshman/sophomore at snake, same with husky position last year.never got it going.
This may have been asked and answered and possibly by me.

Is there and serious consideration to playing in the spring even if it is just a few games?

JD24

Quote from: NotBryceDrew on October 08, 2020, 10:49:17 AMWait please tell me that image of the yellow helmet and jerseys aren't the one they want to get.
Before clicking the link I expected to hate them. But I didn't.

valpofb16

JD24 there should indeed be a spring season, at least Fox alluded to one in his homecoming press conference. What that means is

-No Money beat downs
-No D2 games

Conference only:

Realistically I think Butler, Morehead State are our only games that wouldn't shock me if they won. I expect the defense to be top 5 in the PFL. Offense has nowhere else to go but up right? :(

valpofb16

Semi educated early wild guess at the starting group currently

QB: 14 Duncan RSSR
RB: 25 Allison RSSO
TE: 84 Bittner RSJR
WR: 6 Reese JR
WR: 17 Larose SR
WR: 12 Bingham RSFR

OT: 75 Stone FR / 72 Parrish RSFR
OG: 69 Dixon RSFR
OC: 60 Eberhart FR / 67 Monahan RSFR
OG: 71 O'Doherty RSSO / 70 Orr FR
OT: 68 Byrd RSSO

Defense

DE: 28 Twigg SR / 94 Orlandini SR
DT: 92 Gedrys SR
DT: 97 Germain RSJR
DE: 45 Purty SR

LB: 10 Peifer JR
LB: 42 Annis RSFR
LB/DB: 24 Psota RSSO

CB: 11 Hebda SR
S: 31 Scarsella JR
S: 18 Hebda RSJR
CB: 29 Sherman JR / 6 Horton JR

NotBryceDrew

Will St. Thomas and Presbyterian be able to participate in the spring since they technically join in 21? I think we could definitely handle Presbyterian.

IndyValpo

Saw a few pictures from yesterday's scrimmage and the RB in all was #3. The is no RB #3.

valpofb16

Believe #3 was Robert Washington also appears Hebda and Sherman have moved to safety

FWalum

I know that somewhere on the forum some of Robert Washington's history has been posted.  I really found this Robert Washington has joined ODU article interesting with what appears to be a pretty complete history of all the offers, decommitments and places Robert Washington has been. Washington had over 40 offers in high school and ranked as high as the #4 overall player in the state of North Carolina and the #13 running back prospect nationally by ESPN. He took official visits to Alabama, TCU, and Pitt and decommitted from Mississippi State and Syracuse before deciding initially to play for his hometown team Charlotte. He really has been around the block a few times playing for Charlotte, ODU and now Valpo. I hope that he has found a home with our team and that coach Fox can give him the family and stability for which he appears to be searching.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

JD24

Quote from: FWalum on October 13, 2020, 05:59:56 PMI know that somewhere on the forum some of Robert Washington's history has been posted.  I really found this Robert Washington has joined ODU article interesting with what appears to be a pretty complete history of all the offers, decommitments and places Robert Washington has been. Washington had over 40 offers in high school and ranked as high as the #4 overall player in the state of North Carolina and the #13 running back prospect nationally by ESPN. He took official visits to Alabama, TCU, and Pitt and decommitted from Mississippi State and Syracuse before deciding initially to play for his hometown team Charlotte. He really has been around the block a few times playing for Charlotte, ODU and now Valpo. I hope that he has found a home with our team and that coach Fox can give him the family and stability for which he appears to be searching.
The article you posted also mentions being on Liberty U's roster and then removed as well.

valpotx

I still don't understand his joining our program.  Were we a last resort to get some playing time, and position for a final year in FBS?  Even if that is the case, and we get 1 season out of him, he is definitely our best RB recruit for as long as I have been a fan of Valpo.  Jeff Horton was good, but this guy seems to be at a different level.
"Don't mess with Texas"