• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Football Coaching Staff

Started by IndyValpo, January 13, 2022, 11:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

Alex Bayer parlayed an excellent special teams year into the Special Teams coach at Bowling Green.

valpofb16

Pretty big loss as special teams kept us in some games score wise. Limbach is still offering kids with his job posted. Very odd

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on January 13, 2022, 12:50:28 PM
Pretty big loss as special teams kept us in some games score wise. Limbach is still offering kids with his job posted. Very odd
I wonder if he will be taking a lesser role. What I don't know.

valpotx

Good for the ST coach.  It shows that Valpo can lead to the bigger jobs.  I would rather have that type of movement, versus going to NAIA Country Bumpkin University over staying at Valpo.

On that note, Coach Cecchini (Bucknell) is going to be on the hot seat this next season.  I think that it is a make or break season for him, after a poor 2021 season.  Going 1-10 in your third year and 6-20 overall, is never going to win you fans.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

If Valpo wants success in football, it need to be stepping stone where coaches will get promoted for better jobs.

valpofb16

Usc4valpo couldn't agree more. Valpotx in terms of Cecchini on hot seat at Bucknell, I'm not sure we lost a great coach there.

After the Carlson era , I think anyone that could walk and chew gum would make Valpo look better. Fox matched Cecchinis win total after 3 seasons with Covid and having to completely rebuild roster (Cecchini inherited 80 some returning players)

Hope some of our transfer portal guys decide grass isn't greener (fingers crossed on Price) and excited what team can do with competent offense

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on January 13, 2022, 12:50:28 PMPretty big loss as special teams kept us in some games score wise. Limbach is still offering kids with his job posted. Very odd
The pretty big losses on STs are the 2 guys with the leg.

usc4valpo

Carlson was the worst coaching hire in Valpo history. How he lasted for 4 seasons with 3 wins still baffles me.

covufan

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 15, 2022, 10:28:48 AM
Carlson was the worst coaching hire in Valpo history. How he lasted for 4 seasons with 3 wins still baffles me.
Shields Up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on January 14, 2022, 10:56:42 AMUsc4valpo couldn't agree more. Valpotx in terms of Cecchini on hot seat at Bucknell, I'm not sure we lost a great coach there. After the Carlson era , I think anyone that could walk and chew gum would make Valpo look better. Fox matched Cecchinis win total after 3 seasons with Covid and having to completely rebuild roster (Cecchini inherited 80 some returning players) Hope some of our transfer portal guys decide grass isn't greener (fingers crossed on Price) and excited what team can do with competent offense
Cecchini's first year roster was very good and should have won a couple of more games. Recall the San Diego game's last second loss which still has me scratching my head as to how the defense ever lined up that way.

valpofb16

Brad Bustle has landed at alma mater Louisiana Lafayette as Offensive GA (FBS)

Fred Gladney has landed at Elizabeth City as WR coach and Passing Coordinator (D2)

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

NWIGuy

Max James has left the Valpo staff for Eastern Michigan, according to his Twitter account. His departure means that the entire offensive staff from 2021 is no longer with the program.

https://twitter.com/CoachMaxJames/status/1534672092079312896?s=20&t=k1eiimOtTy35FJAq4FPMsQ

IndyValpo

The website now's shows Tim Smith as WR coach. He was last the OC at Lincoln University in PA.

Also listed is a DT coach Vernell Price. I find nothing about him but he has been recruiting for us for quite awhile.

JD24

Quote from: NWIGuy on June 09, 2022, 08:11:00 AMMax James has left the Valpo staff for Eastern Michigan, according to his Twitter account. His departure means that the entire offensive staff from 2021 is no longer with the program. 
I'm not sure this is a bad thing.

valpofb16

Offensive staff last year was severely disjointed from turnover. Limbach May also have been in a bit over his head.

Here's to Flemings staff. Hopefully university giving team the proper funds to keep his guys together