• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Chapel renovations and addition

Started by okinawatyphoon, May 04, 2011, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okinawatyphoon

Finally some visible progress of the construction. From the Chapel of the Resurrection Facebook page:

Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

vu72

Very interesting and much larger footprint then I envisioned.  Let's all hope Merlin survives this.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

I think these images have been shown here before but to me these are the best ways to visualize the addition to the chapel.

bbtds

Pastor and Mrs. Helge

"Just think what might have been if we had met under the bleachers at Hilltop Gym. Of course, my wife was a good girl back then."

"No, we never set a foot in Hilltop. But I know how to turn out every light switch in the chapel."

"There are some others on the board who are well financed who will turn their attention to athletics once the dorms and needed buildings are finished."

historyman

I like to call this "the oldest and newest of God's gifts to the landscape of Valparaiso University."
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpopal

vu72

Thanks for posting this. I hope the finished product doesn't detract from the Chapel.  I know the addition is suppose to be "low Key" as to not detract but it's overall size just seems larger then originally thought--at least by me!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

okinawatyphoon

Thanks 'pal! They really put that steel up in a hurry. Hopefully they can get it sealed before winter!

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on September 16, 2014, 01:17:44 PM
Thanks for posting this. I hope the finished product doesn't detract from the Chapel.  I know the addition is suppose to be "low Key" as to not detract but it's overall size just seems larger then originally thought--at least by me!

Could be the camera angle.  It still may be a low profile when facing it from the walkway up to the main doors.

valpotx

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on September 16, 2014, 05:11:59 PM
Thanks 'pal! They really put that steel up in a hurry. Hopefully they can get it sealed before winter!

Again with this foreign word of winter :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

okinawatyphoon

The Valparaiso University Alumni Facebook page put up some recent photos of the construction. It's really coming along!

okinawatyphoon

Here is a recent photo from the Valparaiso University Flickr page. It really gives you an idea of the scope of the project:

VULB#62

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Our campus has become a really good draw for students and athletes.  We have some great leadership! 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Just thought I'd update those off campus that the chapel addition is now enclosed in a wall of windows and the glass facade of the south side looks pretty impressive.

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: valpopal on December 09, 2014, 12:02:08 PM
Just thought I'd update those off campus that the chapel addition is now enclosed in a wall of windows and the glass facade of the south side looks pretty impressive.

Did you happen to snap any pictures? The Chapel Facebook page hasn't been very active with posting updates in a while.

okinawatyphoon

Here's a recent (Fall timeframe?) photo from the Valparaiso University Undergraduate Admission Facebook page. You can clearly see the Chapel addition, so for those who felt it would overpower the main Chapel, you can clearly see it does not.

valpotx

Campus looks beautiful.  The picture has me all discombobulated, which says that I need to get to campus in the near future!  Nothing will beat the last time I was there, when we laid a smack down on Buck Futler, in the HL conference tourney.  There is an Associate Director of Athletics coming to DFW next week, which is the closest thing to Valpo I ever see each year (besides sports viewing).
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpo_Hockey

Looks great. I'm excited for the future campus expansion.

Jase01

This is a great news especially to the alumni..
Football Odds tipster and combat sports lover.

valpopal

I took this photo today as I was headed to the baseball game, and I thought those of you away from campus would like to see that spring, including its May flowers, has returned to Valparaiso. This is the inviting sight visitors see when entering the university from the main entrance on I-30.

okinawatyphoon

Looks like it's almost complete. The photo has some strange effects from being a panoramic photo, but otherwise it looks great. I'm loving all of the glass. From the Valparaiso University Alumni Facebook page:

okinawatyphoon

The Valparaiso University Facebook page posted some new photos. The exterior looks mostly complete. I'm not sure how I feel about the black brick exterior on the sides (see second picture below), but overall it looks great. :thumbsup: Any other opinions out there?