• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Prayers to Cory Johnson's family

Started by blackpantheruwm, March 08, 2013, 09:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackpantheruwm

I'm facebook friends with Cory Johnson. For those who aren't and are not aware, Cory and his wife Emily had their son Asher born on March 3rd prematurely. The little guy was born at one pound, four ounces.  Every day, both Cory and Emily have been putting pictures and thoughts on Facebook as they go through this trying time.

I wanted to come on here to add to the thread, but when I got on I couldn't find it so I decided to start my own.

Prayers to Asher as he continues to grow.

VULB#62

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Panther.

valpopal

Thank you for this reminder of what is truly important in life as we discuss and debate games. I add my prayers for Asher.

vusupporter

Not sure which Cory Johnson you're Facebook friends with, Panther, but I don't think it's our Cory Johnson: http://www.facebook.com/CoryRockne

blackpantheruwm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just realized it's my cousin Ryan's friend Cory who went to Valpo. Still.

Damn it.

FWalum

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on March 12, 2013, 11:41:04 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just realized it's my cousin Ryan's friend Cory who went to Valpo. Still.

Damn it.
Still worthy of a prayer request from this board. Let us know how this turns out.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: FWalum on March 12, 2013, 11:51:32 AMStill worthy of a prayer request from this board. Let us know how this turns out.

Amen!  I thought of asking for my prayers back at first, just to be the kind of guy I always am, and then I realized that this situation requires them no less than if we "knew" the CJ in question.

So I and it seems others have spiritually 'adopted' the situation.  As FW says, please keep us abreast of the situation.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo84

Thoughts and prayers to your Facebook friends/family.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

Smj

Thoughts and prayers to your friend.....

bbtds

Does anyone know the outcome of this situation for this Valpo alum Cory and his wife Emily and family as they went through this trial with Asher?

vu72

Quote from: bbtds on June 19, 2018, 05:13:54 AM
Does anyone know the outcome of this situation for this Valpo alum Cory and his wife Emily and family as they went through this trial with Asher?

I'm friends with Cory Johnson on Facebook.  This isn't Valpo's Cory.  I'm pretty sure Cory is single.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015