• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Shot Heard Round March -- SBN article

Started by valpo84, March 19, 2013, 11:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpopal

The 27 Best Buzzer Beaters of 2013 in Under Four Minutes: Wright State #16, Valpo #9, Some Other University #1 & #2:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/the-26-best-buzzer-beaters-of-this-college-basketball-season

Kyle321n

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing it
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpo84 on March 19, 2013, 11:31:49 AMSBN article on The Shot.
QuoteHow did the principle players come together to form one of college basketball's most memorable moments?

Well, because they were all men of principle, I would assume!

ALSO 84, I read your initial sentence as "Coach Todd" and thought..."Hmm?"  (so it happens to the best of us :))

Great article.  Love the oral history genre.

EDIT:  um, anyone else think they used about two too many "random Ole Miss fans"?  It's weird...kinda like doing an oral history of The Last Supper and asking the servants but not the apostles.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

StlVUFan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 19, 2013, 12:12:15 PM
Quote from: valpo84 on March 19, 2013, 11:31:49 AMSBN article on The Shot.
QuoteHow did the principle players come together to form one of college basketball's most memorable moments?
EDIT:  um, anyone else think they used about two too many "random Ole Miss fans"?  It's weird...kinda like doing an oral history of The Last Supper and asking the servants but not the apostles.
Nah, just more sour grapes to enjoy, that's all.

covufan

Quote from: valpo84 on March 19, 2013, 11:31:49 AM
SBN article on The Shot. Valpo players, Coach, Todd and Ole Miss player and fans.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/3/19/4119040/march-madness-valparaiso-ole-miss-buzzer-beater-history
Was just about to post this, glad someone already did!  Nice article.  I think the writer sometimes posts or at least lurks here from time to time...