• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Oakland @ Valpo - Sunday 2/8/15, 2PM CT

Started by covufan, February 06, 2015, 11:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerrywoodwins20

This is the worst defense I've ever seen at the D1 level.

oklahomamick

Peters getting eatin' alive in the post. 
CRUSADERS!!!

kerrywoodwins20

Welp, since our pathetic defense stops Oakland 0% of the time, all we have to do is score every possession the rest of the way and get the last shot to win. Great. This is pathetic. Gutless.

oklahomamick

They look stronger than us in the post. 
CRUSADERS!!!

kerrywoodwins20

I'm just embarrassed I thought this team was good. Swept by Oakland it looks like.

a3uge

Quote from: kerrywoodwins20 on February 08, 2015, 03:28:29 PM
I'm just embarrassed I thought this team was good. Swept by Oakland it looks like.

Would you calm down?

oklahomamick

I wouldn't go that far....but our defense is bad today.  We allow 60 point per game.  Oakland is already there with 10 minutes left. 
CRUSADERS!!!

kerrywoodwins20

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 08, 2015, 03:34:46 PMI wouldn't go that far....but our defense is bad today.  We allow 60 point per game.  Oakland is already there with 10 minutes left.
Quote from: oklahomamick on February 08, 2015, 03:34:46 PMI wouldn't go that far....but our defense is bad today.  We allow 60 point per game.  Oakland is already there with 10 minutes left.

Oakland is one of the worst road teams in the nation. Look at their road slate. This is embarrassing.
Quote from: oklahomamick on February 08, 2015, 03:34:46 PM[size=78%] I wouldn't go that far....but our defense is bad today.  We allow 60 point per game.  Oakland is already there with 10 minutes left. [/size]

vu84v2

These posts are obnoxious and annoying.  I agree that these people need to calm down (or maybe go to a quiet room and have a timeout).  While Valpo's defense has been outschemed by Oakland's offense, any reasonable person would see Valpo is playing with plenty of effort and heart.

a3uge

kerrywoodwins20

Turnover. Foul. Turnover. Foul. No defense. Turnover. Foul. Great  :censored: effort, guys. 3-9 road team you're getting pushed around by.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 08, 2015, 03:37:40 PMThese posts are obnoxious and annoying.  I agree that these people need to calm down (or maybe go to a quiet room and have a timeout).  While Valpo's defense has been outschemed by Oakland's offense, any reasonable person would see Valpo is playing with plenty of effort and heart.

You think that teams that play with heart and pride get swept by Oakland? Look at the best team that Oakland has won a road game against. seriously. Look it up. Their only road wins are against teams ranked 200th, 300th, and 330th. Oakland is horrific.

kerrywoodwins20

Great work. Chuck a terrible 3 and brick it out of a timeout.  :thumbsup:

mj

I'm watching two heavyweights slug it out. Not sure what the issue is...
I believe that we will win.

kerrywoodwins20

Out of a timeout, here are the 3 possessions we come out with.

Quick badly forced 3
Quick badly forced jumper
Turnover

This team is gutless and poorly coached.

kerrywoodwins20

The issue is you're biased. A 3-9 road team is a heavyweight? Where's the pride not to get swept by a lowly mediocre team like Oakland?
Quote from: mj on February 08, 2015, 03:46:51 PMI'm watching two heavyweights slug it out. Not sure what the issue is...

oklahomamick

Dude, Oakland is good.  Accept it.  And they will only get better, very young team.  Good chance they will have the last two Freshman Player of the Years. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

govalpogo

Lol, I think our collective internal monologues have become self aware and are now posting on the board.

LaPorteAveApostle

kerrywoodwins20 thankfully just blew out his elbow trolling.

big win.  gosh it feels good to beat these whiny punks.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

Oakland will have to wait to get above .500. Good win!

oklahomamick

First 7 minutes of the game, I thought this was going to be easy.  They made us earn it. 
CRUSADERS!!!

govalpogo

It was exactly what I expected.  Glad we held serve!  I'll tell you what, no one wants to play OU or Valpo in the next few years. 

vu84v2

Very good win.  Cleary Oakland has players developing and Kampe is a very good game coach.  Though redundant with my previous comments, Bryce has done a tremendous job without Carter (and Williams). In fact, you could argue he successly took a problem and used it as a strength today with Nickerson dominating anyone who defended him. After this great string, I am actually concerned about Valpo adapting to having Carter back...but Valpo certainly needs Carter to reach this team's lofty goals for this season.

LaPorteAveApostle

You knew something was going to have to give:  they couldn't keep shooting 50% from 3 or  we couldn't keep shooting well over 50% period.

They choked down the stretch, and we didn't.  Though I wonder how much of that was due to the fact that they are as deep as an episode of The View.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa