• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wright State @ Valpo 2/21/15 7:05pm Senior Night @ the ARC

Started by talksalot, February 16, 2015, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 21, 2015, 09:27:10 AM
You guys have to be kidding me with Chadwick starting on senior night. Of course he should start and play a few minutes. It will have no impact on the result.

A similar sort of possibly risky tribute, UNC ran their first possession in a 4 Corners offense as a tribute to the late Dean Smith.  Got them a layup.

RS

David Chadwick deserves the start and probably will. The team needs to remember though what happened to Oakland at Milwaukee and what happened to Cleveland State at Detroit. VU is on a 6 game win streak while Wright State is on a 6 game losing streak. We win this game and Green bay is out of the picture at least for us. So they need to play smart and avoid any injury. Yes play Keith at least 20 minutes. Go VU.

valpotx

I read a tweet that said Hopkins has his warm-ups on, as well as another guy that has been injured.  We can't take this game lightly.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Of course you do not take this game lightly.  In tradition of many schools on senior night, start Chadwick and if he is not playing at the level to be effective, then take him out after a few minutes. This should be no big deal and should certainly not effect the outcome.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Crowd's big.  As big as GB?  Not as lively, no surprise.

Police enforcing parking ban on McIntyre for first time that I've noticed.  Scared me out if using it as a through street.

LaPorteAveApostle

Not a great-shooting half, but 0 FTA doesn't help.

I ain't skeered.   Second half we come out and handle them.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

govalpogo

Valpo has let Wright St. play their game thus far.  Need to adjust and flex their collective muscle in the second half.

crusader05

Does the game looks as rough in person as it does from my couch? Can't blame Drew for yelling, I'm worried someone's going to get hurt out there.

agibson

Quote from: crusader05 on February 21, 2015, 07:52:23 PM
Does the game looks as rough in person as it does from my couch? Can't blame Drew for yelling, I'm worried someone's going to get hurt out there.

Pretty physical for sure.  I don't know if the officiating's been uneven, exactly.  Maybe we could  have benefited from a couple of no calls.  One time they were throwing elbows under the net to clear out a rebound, I thought they could have been called for it.

agibson

We're on track for our 51 and 10.  But, I'd just as soon get there sooner rather than later.

agibson

Was that HL tourney ticket sales they just announced?  Id just as soon we had this game in hand first, at least!

LaPorteAveApostle

and I quote the color guy:
Quotethe last thing Valpo fans want to see is Keith Carter grabbing any portion of his lower extremities

cut to everyone nodding vigorously

agibson

Not -that- was a bad call.  Two bad calls.

How was that not off foul?

LaPorteAveApostle

Is it me or does David Skara turn it over a lot?

#hotsprotstakes

LaPorteAveApostle

gosh DANGIT i hate the long 2.

Nickerson and Adekoya love it.  I'd bench everyone immediately who took a shot just inside the line.

ALL of the risk without the heightened reward.  aaaugh.

agibson

As my wife said, "Can you do the splits and -not-travel?"

agibson

LaPorteAveApostle

agibson

LaPorteAveApostle

Quick let's look at the negative:  Anyone else worried about Tevonn?  Didn't seem his normal self.   Hoping he's ok--there was speculation of an ankle injury.

All right, enough of that.  How about running the HL table at home for the first time in forever? #frozenreference

govalpogo

But they didn't put Vashil back in?  What a strange...mysterious...ugly ending and really game.  It's a W though, all Valpo could do this week is get to 25-4 and that's what happened!  Excellent effort by WSU, they did everything in their power to pull the upset but Valpo put up just enough effort to win it.

oklahomamick

Why didn't Vashil come back in? 

I love the Jamaican flag hanging up for Vashil.  Men's soccer team as 4-6 Jamaicans. 

CRUSADERS!!!