• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Luke Yaklich

Started by tiny707, March 19, 2019, 05:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

I like Luke at Valpo also...

VUGrad1314

This! Please this! So much this!

tiny707

Yep, Illinois State was much better when he was there, improved Michigan, knows The Valley, and from Joliet.

oklahomamick

Could valpo land Luke?
CRUSADERS!!!

AranJacobs

This would be too much of a slam dunk. Of course, without Derrick around, we might actually start to see some slam dunks, so we can hope.

NativeCheesehead

What would he laugh most at, the gym or the salary?

tiny707

Yes, I really think Valpo could land Luke.

GoldenCrusader87

Idk Luke but will check it out. Any help?

tiny707

Please come back to Midwest..

tiny707

VUGrad1314

Would certainly be a strong hire for the Flames. If they ever get a coach in there that can actually build a program (like Yaklich or Powell) watch out man. They could get really good in a hurry.

bbtds

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 19, 2019, 06:11:33 PM
Idk Luke but will check it out. Any help?

Luke Yaklich
From LaSalle, IL (near Peru, IL on the Illinois River)
Graduated from LaSalle-Peru HS in 1994
Was men's basketball manager/student asst at Illinois State from 1996 to 1998, graduated from ISUr in 1998
Head coach 10 years at Illinois high schools ending at Joliet West (total of 14 years coaching in Illinois HS from 1999 to 2013)
Asst coach at Illinois State from 2013 to 2016, Associate Head Coach 2016-17 (under Dan Muller)--which means he never visited the ARC
Asst coach at Michigan from 2017 to 2019 (under John Beilein)
Asst Coach at Texas 2019-present (under Shaka Smart)

VUGrad1314

No it doesn't. We were in the HL in 16-17 We joined the Valley for the 17-18 season. By then he was gone to Michigan if I'm not mistaken.

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 23, 2020, 06:08:51 PM
No it doesn't. We were in the HL in 16-17 We joined the Valley for the 17-18 season. By then he was gone to Michigan if I'm not mistaken.

You're correct. It wasn't until 2017-18 before Valpo moved to the MVC That was our 3rd Arch Madness and I've been to all 3. My mistake. In March 2017 we played in Detroit.

bbtds

Looks like Yaklich will get the UIC head coach position.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/3/26/21195458/luke-yaklich-uic-basketball-coach

At some point during his second season with the Redbirds, Illinois State, Yaklich started to keep an open file on his computer titled WIBAHC. He saw it every day when he turned on his computer. The acronym WIBAHC –– When I Become A Head Coach –– was not only a reminder of his professional goal but an actual working document that would hopefully help prepare him.

crusadermoe

How can you betray Lottich when the team (without Robinson) beats Loyola from 17 points down and plays their guts out over a 4-game tournament run?   

I wouldn't want you guys in my foxhole.

vusupporter

Quote from: crusadermoe on March 27, 2020, 02:13:28 PM
How can you betray Lottich when the team (without Robinson) beats Loyola from 17 points down and plays their guts out over a 4-game tournament run?   

I wouldn't want you guys in my foxhole.

Might want to check the dates on the posts you're looking at...

VUGrad1314

Yeah call out people for posts over a year old even when they've reformed their stances as the evidence presented has necessitated a change in opinion.

crusadermoe

Guilty as charged.  Will look next time.