• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo hosts SIU Game Thread, Wed., Feb. 12th, 7:00p CT, ESPN+

Started by tiny707, February 06, 2020, 06:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo84

There are no excuses for students not to walk over to the ARC for a Wednesday night game in (oh no) snow.  WE had 22" of snow finals week one year and had to hoof it all the way from fraternity row (that would be Mound/Garfield for the newer folks) all the way to the Business building for a 9 am Econ exam (after being up late in a mass snow protest party on Mound).

It's a Wednesday night and a perfect way to get "fired up" for the Wednesday night fraternity-sorority parties starting around 9 (oh wait  ???).

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

Valpo2013

You can't compare what happened when you were there (80s) I assume or even when I graduated in 13 to today
Kids are way different
Much more intelligent across the board and-like it or not- have hobbies and interests other than watching athletes bounce a ball
Those days are over-especially when we aren't winning
The few people on here may think it's a big deal but we are in the minority- and shrinking-

wh

I am the only person in my entire family going tonight due to the "weather." Not my wife, not my children, not my grandchildren. What a weak group. I told them all that I need some quiet time to figure out where I went wrong.  ;)

Valpo2013

Quote from: wh on February 12, 2020, 05:09:59 PM
I am the only person in my entire family going tonight due to the "weather." Not my wife, not my children, not my grandchildren. What a weak group. I told them all that I need some quiet time to figure out where I went wrong.  ;)

Maybe you got it right- other interests-by the smartest generation
😉

VUGrad1314

Yes! Attacking the basket now! I love it! Keep it up guys!

VUGrad1314

Robinson is looking good on D Krikke is off to a great start!

NativeCheesehead

How many times a year do we have a scoreboard blink out?

VUGrad1314

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 12, 2020, 07:24:32 PMHow many times a year do we have a scoreboard blink out?

Shhh We're ahead... Now's not the time to harp on facilities and other shortcomings...  :)

valpotx

Quote from: Valpo2013 on February 12, 2020, 05:04:13 PM
You can't compare what happened when you were there (80s) I assume or even when I graduated in 13 to today
Kids are way different
Much more intelligent across the board and-like it or not- have hobbies and interests other than watching athletes bounce a ball
Those days are over-especially when we aren't winning
The few people on here may think it's a big deal but we are in the minority- and shrinking-

"Much more intelligent" lol.  They may be exposed to more information, but I notice a ton of stupidity with the youngest generation :).
"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

Quote from: valpotx on February 12, 2020, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: Valpo2013 on February 12, 2020, 05:04:13 PMYou can't compare what happened when you were there (80s) I assume or even when I graduated in 13 to today Kids are way different Much more intelligent across the board and-like it or not- have hobbies and interests other than watching athletes bounce a ball Those days are over-especially when we aren't winning The few people on here may think it's a big deal but we are in the minority- and shrinking-
"Much more intelligent" lol.  They may be exposed to more information, but I notice a ton of stupidity with the youngest generation :).

They are more woke.

VUGrad1314

Getting to the rim Playing really well But we need to finish better at the rim... That's it Zion!

VUGrad1314

What the hell's going on?! Why can't we ever catch a freaking break?!

valpotx

Quote from: Just Sayin on February 12, 2020, 07:34:09 PM

Quote from: valpotx on February 12, 2020, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: Valpo2013 on February 12, 2020, 05:04:13 PMYou can't compare what happened when you were there (80s) I assume or even when I graduated in 13 to today Kids are way different Much more intelligent across the board and-like it or not- have hobbies and interests other than watching athletes bounce a ball Those days are over-especially when we aren't winning The few people on here may think it's a big deal but we are in the minority- and shrinking-

They are more woke.

I never want to be woke, if it means that I have to try and get the best dangerous selfie, or live in 3 second Boomerang gifs.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Okay... GREAT FIRST HALF ON DEFENSE! That's the best defense I've seen in a LONG TIME! Offense.... Not so much... Had a great stretch midway through the half and took a few tough calls but on the whole we need to be much better against this team. I feel very good overall about what I have seen this half but we need better for me to feel confident about this one. Come on guys! We need this one! Finish strong for 20 more minutes! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

Why are we discussing woke culture in the middle of a game? Come on Y'all! What did you think of the first half? What do we need to do to get this key win?

valpotx

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 12, 2020, 07:50:32 PM
Why are we discussing woke culture in the middle of a game? Come on Y'all! What did you think of the first half? What do we need to do to get this key win?

Are you from the South?

It's a positive that there aren't a lot of comments, as it means that we are all sitting back and happy with what we are seeing so far.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Mvcfan1990

Been flipping through all the valley games. You guys have awful announcers. I thought Illinois state announcers were awful but god do these dudes take the cake.

VUGrad1314

I think our main guy might be doing TV right now but I'm not sure... Also... Illinois State's announcers suck WAY MORE They are as boring as plain white toast I am NOT looking forward to watching that game in Normal on ESPN3...

VALPO LI

That was an ugly yet entertaining play at the 16 min mark by Krikke, Freeman, Clay, Freeman Krikke.... and 2 pts.
Shine on Vu

VUGrad1314

We need to tighten things up on offense... Too many turnovers... Way too many...

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Kiser is TOUGH AS NAILS! I love him! Hit these free throws!

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu