• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WBB - Valpo @ Milwaukee - 1/24/13

Started by jack, January 24, 2013, 06:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Looking forward to see which team (and coaching staff) shows up for this contest. We need to build on the possitives from the last game, and recognize what areas we need to target to get better.
Keys to the game:
1. Block out.
2. Set screens.
3. Pick and roll.
Our shooting is starting to come around, but we need better, and smarter looks. We need to get our shooters in possitions to shoot. #2, and #3 above will be key to do this.
We must limit Milwaukee's second chance opportunities. They rebound well. So do we when we have Gina and Tab inside working together.
We need to cover Rodriguez like a blanket and limit her touches. We can't allow her to sit outside and shoot the 3 like she did vs Cleveland State. It's going to take a solid defensive effort from everyone tonight. They have several players that average in double figures. This needs to be formost in Dorow's mind. We can't have players on the floor that don't D up well, in hopes that they drop a few buckets. That negative gain approach will have us in trouble tonight.
Go get them ladies. Let's get some momentum going coming into Saturday's match up with GB.

KL31NY

But here's the biggest key... DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER SO MUCH!!!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

I hope for a win, but don't see it on the road. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

KL31NY

Halftime update... 47-29 Crusaders! We're keeping control of the basketball, shots are falling, we're perfect at the line (15-15), and our starters are carrying us.

Here's Tabitha's line at halftime: 7-8 FG, 2-2 "3", 6-6 FT, 6 REB, 1 A, 2 STL, 22 PTS

That's clearly the highlight; on the flip side, Liz Horton has 2 PF in 0 MIN. Checked in at 13:40, fouled twice, subbed out at 13:16 having played just 24 seconds.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

talksalot

84-72 !! Wow... a TON of points... and Tabitha... 33 of them... Shaquira Scott with 22... Nice Win Tracy

jack

The ladies played with more energy then I've seen in a while. Great win. We needed this heading into Sat. vs GB. Congrats Tab, and Scott for great showings. Scott had this game in her. She just needed to see it for herself! We need that confidence moving forward. I felt we did a nice job controlling the boards, the ball, and staying out of that right corner on offense!! We got some good energy fom our bench on Defense tonight. That will be key this season. We have to be able to sub without losing defensive preasure. Nice job from the bench.
keep it rolling ladies!!

KL31NY

Confidence is always nice when your next game is against the Phoenix. As has been the case ever since we joined them in the league, it'll be a tough test to say the least. Tab has been doing work inside, and if our other bigs can avoid foul trouble that will keep us strong inside. We got some good work our of our guards, too. We need that so much not just for Saturday but for the rest of our season. Anytime you can go inside-out or outside-in on a consistent basis, you're going to be a much better team and get more Ws

SadersofthelostArc

GREAT JOB BY COACH DOROW AND HER STAFF!  BOOOOOM!!!  SHE'S SILENCING ALL THE CRITICS ROUND HERE, ONE BY ONE.  THIS AIN'T NO KEITH AND KIRBY FREAKSHOW ANYMORE!

*sits back and waits to see if anyone else will give them their due*

valpotx

Good victory on the road, congrats ladies!
"Don't mess with Texas"

jack

Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on January 24, 2013, 11:09:25 PM
GREAT JOB BY COACH DOROW AND HER STAFF!  BOOOOOM!!!  SHE'S SILENCING ALL THE CRITICS ROUND HERE, ONE BY ONE.  THIS AIN'T NO KEITH AND KIRBY FREAKSHOW ANYMORE!

*sits back and waits to see if anyone else will give them their due*

Don't go getting all righteous on us Sader.  :-[ It was a good win, and hopefully a confidence boost, but Milwaukee isn't exactly a powerhouse. They live and die by the three. last night, they died by it. Tab had an icredible game, and we did a much better job on D I felt. Our bench provided some quality minutes, and everyone seemed to be amped up for this one. I was surprized with our board play. I figured they'd give us a tougher time underneath.

Valpo89

SHE'S SILENCING ALL THE CRITICS ROUND HERE, ONE BY ONE.

All the critics? You mean the five people (and I'm being generous here) who visit this board and actually care about the women's team?
Keep living in your fantasy world.

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: Valpo89 on January 25, 2013, 09:07:55 AM
SHE'S SILENCING ALL THE CRITICS ROUND HERE, ONE BY ONE.

All the critics? You mean the five people (and I'm being generous here) who visit this board and actually care about the women's team?
Keep living in your fantasy world.

Well, if this isn't irony folks, I don't know what is.

Valpo89

This thread made its own point for me. No response from anyone, and it took you 13-plus hours.
You must be imagining critics. I don't know why anyone who posts on this board would want the women's team to not play well.
You are just over the top in your "support" and that is what turns people off or against you.

historyman

He's a lot easier to ignore, 89, because now he'll fire off a post about how you're just a hater and he is a true fan and all his buddy fans support him even though hardly anyone cares if he posts here or not.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: historyman on January 25, 2013, 11:22:56 PM
He's a lot easier to ignore, 89, because now he'll fire off a post about how you're just a hater and he is a true fan and all his buddy fans support him even though hardly anyone cares if he posts here or not.

What in the world are you talking about?

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: Valpo89 on January 25, 2013, 11:06:02 PM
This thread made its own point for me. No response from anyone, and it took you 13-plus hours.
You must be imagining critics. I don't know why anyone who posts on this board would want the women's team to not play well.
You are just over the top in your "support" and that is what turns people off or against you.

Sorry that I don't hover around the message board all dy waiting to troll like you apparently do.  It's as if every time I post you are right here ready to start a conflict.

Irony= "no one really cares about the girls' program but I'm going to chime in multiple times in the girls' program thread!"