• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #3 - Coppin State Eagles, @ARC, Monday Nov 14, 2016 7:00pm

Started by talksalot, November 13, 2016, 05:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Max is reminding me of a junior LaVonte Dority. All of a sudden he and we are seeing what muscular determination can accomplish on the floor. As long as he has the first step the refs seem to be allowing some defensive contact on him because the defenders are all bouncing harmlessly away. As for Micah, Jaume and Derrick, I am not seeing much that a long season on the court will not cure. It will require time and patience but watching these kids develop should be fun.

M

Excellent comparison.  I've been very surprised with how much the team has got from Max on the offensive end of the court so far this young season.

bbtds

bbtds

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 14, 2016, 11:14:11 AM
Valpo wins, but still struggles with perimeter defense and getting quality minutes from the bigs other than Jubril.

Valpo 85
Coppin State 77

Good prediction. Players with first names for surnames were quite impressive. I once had an Uncle Hamminck. Or did my uncle sleep in a hammock?

bbtds

Quote from: SanityLost17 on November 15, 2016, 07:35:52 AM
I think Lottich has told Peters to take A LOT more shots this season and we are seeing Peters adjusting to this role.  This is what is leading to some early misses.   Last year he was "the man" but still played within the offense.  I see him pushing the issue a lot more so far this year, which is something that he is not used to.

This will be an interesting story line going forward.  Does Lottich trust the shooting of everyone outside of Peters.  AKA -  Which is better...Peters taking an average shot or everyone else taking a good shot?   

I think the lay up misses are the most disturbing part of Peters' shooting. We know he can be excellent at this and when he misses we are conditioned to expect better. I believe Alec will get better at his percentage of made lay ups because he is such a big game player. What concerns me is that if it doesn't happen against Oregon on Thursday, Nov. 17. two days from today will Valpo get blown out.