• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Javon Freeman-Liberty Appreciation Thread

Started by ValpoDad89, May 02, 2019, 10:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoDad89

No one liked him transferring and the reason, whether selfish or not, was he was leaving but he's not HE IS STAYING!!!! In the end this is such a good thing for this program especially with the addition of Donovan Clay. I truly believe his uncle had a strong influence on this decision but more than that this kid brought intensity to the floor, played the passing lanes like a fiddle and averaged double digit points as a freshman. I think we all agree his staying is ultimately a great good/get for this program. At least I would hope so. I for one am ECSTATIC he's staying with the program and coach that ultimately recruited him. To me this speaks volumes on several fronts. To you, Javon, I only wish continued success. You made us proud your first year, you will only make us prouder in the years to come. Good luck and God bless Kid!!!

ValpoFan

This is huge! This is a game changer!
This can turn the whole season around.
I really think that this team now has a good chance to compete in the MVC.
Great decision Vonno!

may know

More mature than guys 2-3 years his senior. There is a happy ending in sight for him here. Thank you Javon!

wh

Welcome back, Javon! 

The last 4-player contingency from IL - AP, Jubril, KC and Lexus - won a ton of games as Crusaders. Here's hoping for a repeat.

ValpoDad89

I am thoroughly convinced, with the addition of Clay, that this will happen. No late season choke jobs will be welcome from now going forward.

VULB#62

This is my 6,000th post on this fan board. I have been waiting for an appropriate opportunity to register this milestone post. But for the longest time it seems everything was doom and gloom along with some testy member interactions. I just couldn't add to what was general negativity about almost everything. Finally, yesterday the world as we were beginning to know it changed — JFL made a very special decision that could have significant ramifications for the Valpo MBB program for a few years to come. So I am very happy to add this post at his time and congratulate JFL for following a thoughtful process that resulted in a major turnabout in the atmosphere around here and Matt for working so hard behind the scenes in maintaining a solid relationship with JFL as well as assembling a new and refreshed nucleus of talent to move forward in our pursuit of an MVC title. GO VALPO!

bbtds

Quote from: ValpoDad89 on May 03, 2019, 12:10:44 AM
I am thoroughly convinced, with the addition of Clay, that this will happen. No late season choke jobs will be welcome from now going forward.

I was looking forward to a late season choke job so we can set an even poorer record for message board meltdowns. We might even rival Indiana after losing to ISUb. ;D

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on May 03, 2019, 08:01:26 AM
This is my 6,000th post on this fan board. I have been waiting for an appropriate opportunity to register this milestone post. But for the longest time it seems everything was doom and gloom along with some testy member interactions. I just couldn't add to what was general negativity about almost everything. Finally, yesterday the world as we were beginning to know it changed — JFL made a very special decision that could have significant ramifications for the Valpo MBB program for a few years to come. So I am very happy to add this post at his time and congratulate JFL for following a thoughtful process that resulted in a major turnabout in the atmosphere around here and Matt for working so hard behind the scenes in maintaining a solid relationship with JFL as well as assembling a new and refreshed nucleus of talent to move forward in our pursuit of an MVC title. GO VALPO!

Congratulations! But don't say thank you or you will have 6,001 posts.  ;)

VULB#62

No more restraint. Already posted 6001  ;D  — football related of course. It's interesting how I personally evolved and how much I have learned by actively participating with all the great members of this board. I started  out on this board in 2011 exclusively to chat about football and what's my milestone post about —  basketball.

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on May 03, 2019, 11:23:39 AM
No more restraint. Already posted 6001  ;D  — football related of course. It's interesting how I personally evolved and how much I have learned by actively participating with all the great members of this board. I started  out on this board in 2011 exclusively to chat about football and what's my milestone post about —  basketball.

That

bbtds

has

bbtds

to

bbtds

do

bbtds

Never mind.............................a cheap way to get more posts.

bbtds

That has to do with basketball being the marquee sport at Valpo.

usc4valpo

I think for Javon to look around and check his options is worthwhile. It sounds like he saw what was out there, the grass looks greener from where one sits. Good to see him back, now let's get a group that can engage and win.

vu72

Quote from: usc4valpo on May 04, 2019, 07:51:35 AM
I think for Javon to look around and check his options is worthwhile. It sounds like he saw what was out there, the grass looks greener from where one sits. Good to see him back, now let's get a group that can engage and win.

It was the facilities that got him back!  ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

EddieCabot

At first, I was a little upset that Javon would think about leaving Valpo.  But I'm now taking the glass half full approach and celebrating that he chose to attend Valpo not once, but twice!

bbtds

Quote from: EddieCabot on May 04, 2019, 09:57:54 AM

At first, I was a little upset that Javon would think about leaving Valpo.  But I'm now taking the glass half full approach and celebrating that he chose to attend Valpo not once, but twice!

Yes, instead of one recruiting win it's two!!!!

justducky

Had Golder and particularly Fazekas been uninjured I could make a good case for Freeman maybe edging out Green for best freshman honors. Who will advance the most and have the better sophomore year?