• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs MSU in Arch Madness Semi-Finals 3/7/2020 5:00PM on CBSSN

Started by VUBBFan, March 07, 2020, 08:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoDad89

Down to the wire....Go Valpo!!!

Great defensive stand after the made FTs.

nkvu

Incredible!!!  They were solid good the whole game. JFL back to his old self. Krikke solid on those free throws when we had to have them. Really great D to seal it.

I BELIEVE!!!

hailcrusaders

This has been a lot of fun. We can play with anyone in the MVC when we're healthy. How about Javon in the second half???
#CrusadersForever

VUSL98

Other than the 12-0 run by MSU in the first half, we didn't have the typical 10 minute stretch of bad play.  Very solid.  This team is coming together at the right time.

valpotx

I was still supportive of Lottich throughout the season, but I made a few comments that he needed to work on his X's & O's...he has definitely shown that improvement, and that is no longer a concern of mine.  The dude called the 3/4 press at the right time, and kept with it until it wasn't working.  He dialed up the right double teams at the right times, and it worked.  He is now a complete coach in my view, and I now worry if we get to the NCAA tourney, can we keep him?  Quite a turnaround from the folks that were calling for his job a few weeks back lol (not me).
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

I don't care what anyone says, some of the coaching moves Lottich has made have been very creative and effective. The last two games he and Gore came up with schemes that threw Loyola and Missouri State off their rhythm.

I agree with valpotx.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VUSL98 on March 07, 2020, 07:24:23 PMOther than the 12-0 run by MSU in the first half, we didn't have the typical 10 minute stretch of bad play.  Very solid.  This team is coming together at the right time.
We did have a 3+ min scoreless stretch after the 2nd half U8 timeout, but we were staunch enough defensively to keep them in check!
We also rebounded better than last time. Still lost that battle 38-33, which is somewhat understandable given that we're a much smaller team. But it was one of my main concerns coming into today from our previous matchups and we battled hard.

On offense, 20 assists to only 7 turnovers. That's how you win ballgames!
#CrusadersForever

valpopal

VUGrad1314

Holy crap... I needed some time to come down from that ending! Wow! The offense was amazing for much of the second half and then when we started settling for jump shots and let them back into the game I was screaming at my television. That progressed to pleading with God when we started missing free throws. We need to practice them. Kudos to the freshmen! They were awesome today! Special mention to Krikke (subbing him in for Sackey was a great decision and he hit some huge pressure free throws He was the only one who didn't miss down the stretch). Javon was his usual incredible self! We shot great We executed! And how about that defensive sequence when we were up 87-82 before Javon iced it with two free throws! Incredible! Wonderful stuff! Lottich was amazing today! This team has been amazing! This ride has been amazing! You all have been amazing! And I love each and every one of you coach player and fan alike! One more and we're in the dance and a team nobody wants to play! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

GoldenCrusader87

I clearly didn't see this coming. Look like a completely different team out there. And, we are mixing things up defensively ... just impressive all around.

If what we have seen the last 3 days is a testament to what Matt & Co. are building here, then I stand corrected and will be the first to admit it. Now, I don't get how the team we're watching is the same team we've been frustrated with and up and down about.

Granted, we gave up a big lead yesterday - which was reminiscent of a negative pattern. But, still. It's not just the (3) wins it's the way we've gone about doing so that is so perplexing. Some of yall are apparently geniuses and/or your hopeful optimism is paying dividends down the stretch.

Either way - kudos to you believers all along because I DID NOT think Matt & Co had this in them. I knew we had some players but that has been an all-around effort WITH in-game changes and between game changes.

Just impressive. Win or Lose tomorrow - still impressive to say the least.

Based on what we've seen the last three days - allow me to say this:

I WAS WRONG

mj

This team is hitting its stride at the right moment. Playing on CBS on a Sunday afternoon! Great exposure for the university!!
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

JFL is not talking or acting like a transfer is even a thought for him after this season.  I think that he and Clay are kids that get that the P5 passed on each of them, similar to Alec Peters, and are here for at least another season. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Why leave now? It's obvious we're building something here The next year or two could be special! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: talksalot on March 07, 2020, 08:22:07 PMTHIS year could be special

There's an argument to be made (and a strong one at that) that it already is! I'm so proud of this team! I can't say that enough! I am so so proud of this team from the first man to the last! I am proud and I love you all! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

M

What in the world is going on?!?!? Hope these guys are drinking their pedialite! 4 games in 3 1/2 days, lets go!

oklahomamick

And my valpo +3000 is still alive.

Congrats to coaches and players.  This is a lot of fun. I could get used to this.
CRUSADERS!!!

VALPO LI

Came in late from working the land and just finished watching the game I had on the DVR.   WOW I'm so happy I'm kissing the dog and hugging my wife I'm so thrilled.  Just having the opportunity to play tomorrow is so great for the players, our program, coach, University and us fans!  Grateful and ecstatic to have Valpo battling in the MVC finals tomorrow!
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

Don't know why I took note of this but....

The privates represented 3 out of the 4 teams in the semi final.  And now an all private mvc championship.

All states in the Valley were represented in the semi final.  Iowa, Illinois, the one and only Missouri team and Indiana. 
CRUSADERS!!!

tjjvalpo

Incredible game! Incredible Team! The coaches and players talked about getting better everyday and they have! Glad I made the trip to St Louis.

oklahomamick

I hope we have a good crowd tomorrow.  Obviously we are a small school with a small alumni base but outside of Chicago, St. Louis probably has the most alumni???
CRUSADERS!!!

hailcrusaders

Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indy are probably our three biggest alumni bases if you ask me. St. Louis and Detroit in the next tier.

Regardless, St. Louis is certainly a day trip's distance for a lot of folks. We know Bradley will travel pretty well. Hope to see a lot of gold there too!
#CrusadersForever

wh

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 07, 2020, 07:56:14 PM
I clearly didn't see this coming. Look like a completely different team out there. And, we are mixing things up defensively ... just impressive all around.

If what we have seen the last 3 days is a testament to what Matt & Co. are building here, then I stand corrected and will be the first to admit it. Now, I don't get how the team we're watching is the same team we've been frustrated with and up and down about.

Granted, we gave up a big lead yesterday - which was reminiscent of a negative pattern. But, still. It's not just the (3) wins it's the way we've gone about doing so that is so perplexing. Some of yall are apparently geniuses and/or your hopeful optimism is paying dividends down the stretch.

Either way - kudos to you believers all along because I DID NOT think Matt & Co had this in them. I knew we had some players but that has been an all-around effort WITH in-game changes and between game changes.

Just impressive. Win or Lose tomorrow - still impressive to say the least.

Based on what we've seen the last three days - allow me to say this:

I WAS WRONG

What a classy post this is. Very special people on this board.

Returned to civilization earlier this evening. Staying overnight in Chicago, my nephew is picking me up bright and early and we're headed straight down to St. Louis to join other family members and rock the place. This is all kind of crazy!