• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WBB: Pitt Game

Started by jack, December 10, 2011, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Tough loss at Pitt today:
Observations:
It was good to see we were in this one. It's hard to keep up that level of play when your playing 6 players, and your opponent is getting fresh legs in 2, sometimes 3 players at a time. Even with that, we hung tough, and battled back time and again, cutting it to 1 at one point midway through the 2 half. We did a really nice job at staying out of foul trouble in the first half, and part of the 2nd, but hit a point where they were coming quick which deflated us a bit. We had them in foul trouble early in the first half, being in the bonus, and I felt we could have done more to exploit that by taking it to them inside, but we backed off. More then anything, we hurt ourselves with turnovers at crucial points in the contest. We need to get past that to win consistently. We also must do a better job at the charity stripe. We don't get there enough as it is - we must take advantage.
This was a winable contest, but with our lack of players availble, we would have needed a near perfect game to do so.
Great effort ladies. Keep working hard and continue to fight - the wins will come. We can use the stretch we are coming into to heal up a bit before next weeks game at Ball State. Go Lady Crusaders!

valpofan56

If people are going to be starting threads for individual womens' basketball games can we get a separate sub category exclusively for women's basketball because I, for one, couldn't give a hoot less?

jack

Then don't read or reply. Pretty simple really. Do you read every article in a newspaper? That's why the threads have titles, and this one's located in the "Basketball" thread. Should it have been posted in the Football thread? How about you moderate, and we run them all by you before they get posted?

valpofan56

Listen pal, I didn't rip your post, nor was I even talking to you. I was asking (one of the admins) if we could get a separate place to put women's basketball posts for the same reason we have a separate spot for other things. Most people who post here probably care a little more than me about the women's team, but probably not much.

I was simply saying if we are regularly going to have posts for the women's team then I think it should have its own place so it can be more easily ignored by those who want to do so.  Also, and I know there will be plenty of support for me of this one, it will keep the phrase Lady 'Saders further away from the posts I actually want to read.

valpotx

I was surprised to see us lose by only 9 this year to Pitt, after 35 last year!  Good job with a short bench again!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo04

Quote from: jack on December 10, 2011, 10:01:28 PM
Then don't read or reply. Pretty simple really. Do you read every article in a newspaper? That's why the threads have titles, and this one's located in the "Basketball" thread. Should it have been posted in the Football thread? How about you moderate, and we run them all by you before they get posted?

Quote from: valpofan56 on December 10, 2011, 10:24:54 PM
Listen pal, I didn't rip your post, nor was I even talking to you. I was asking (one of the admins) if we could get a separate place to put women's basketball posts for the same reason we have a separate spot for other things. Most people who post here probably care a little more than me about the women's team, but probably not much.

I was simply saying if we are regularly going to have posts for the women's team then I think it should have its own place so it can be more easily ignored by those who want to do so.  Also, and I know there will be plenty of support for me of this one, it will keep the phrase Lady 'Saders further away from the posts I actually want to read.

Women's basketball is staying here... But why don't we put "WBB" in the thread titles so that they can be easily distinguished.  I will edit this one.

And '56, next time you have a request of one of the admins, a PM would be better.

jack

The 'WBB" is fine. I just assumed since the ladies were the only one's playing Pitt, it was a given. Didn"t seem like that big of a deal. Sorry.

valpo04

Quote from: jack on December 12, 2011, 07:51:10 AM
The 'WBB" is fine. I just assumed since the ladies were the only one's playing Pitt, it was a given. Didn"t seem like that big of a deal. Sorry.

...and it's not!   :thumbsup:

Just trying to appease everyone!