• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WBB - Milwaukee @ Valpo - 1/26/12

Started by jack, January 26, 2012, 07:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Time to put the past behind us and take charge of our home court tonight. key here will be keeping Tucker off balance and out of the flow. We need to get a body on her on both sides of the floor, and keep her off the boards. This squad has a few players that average in double figures in scoring, but they haven't faced our D yet. I think they'll struggle tonight. Like Valpo, they've had their struggles this season. Coming off their first W in 7 tries, they'll be hungry for another, so we have to set the tone early, and send the message that nothing will come easy tonight. I want to see 5 to 6 fouls on us in the first half - spread out of course. We played very passive in our last contest. Getting through a half with zero fouls told alot about how that one was going to go. We need to get Gerardot involved, inside, early. She needs to finish strong and get to the line - alot. That's been missing.
We dressed 8, but played 7 last contest. maybe we can get all 8 involved tonight. Just having some help when needed helps both physically, and mentally. We need to play hard, smart, and work on some of the fundamentals that have snake bitten us lately - finishing underneath, getting out of possition on D, and following our shots. These 3 things will make a difference tonight. A win here, and we go into Saturday with a little momentum, and a better attitude. The coaching staff needs to be on their game tonight too.
Go Crusaders!

IndyValpo

I expect a victory in this one.  I project poor Horton will dress again and not play.  Jansone will contribute 6 minutes and the iron 6 will do the rest.

jack

You're probably right, but one can hope! The "iron 6" you mention should be able to get out of there with a W if they play hard and smart.

jack

Just more of the same. No scoring, no block out, no game plan. We knew they'd press us on every possesion. How did we respond? At one point, we had one ball handler on the floor. We never pressured their ball handler until it was too late. Our bigs struggled big time handling the passes inside. We sqaundered some scoring opportunities with turnovers in the paint. Just another frustrating night of many. I've been watching this team all season and one thing really struck me tonight. Outside of our freshman guard, not one player knows how to bounce pass. And the ones she was able to make, were not handled and resulted in a turnover. Does this coaching staff not realize the benefit of the bounce pass, especially inside? It goes back to fundamentals. We have drifted so far away from the fundamentals, we will always struggle to put ourselves in a possition to win. This team was beat before they stepped on the floor. You could see it in their faces, and their body language. They, like all of us, just want the season to end, and stop the bleeding.
The only key to Saturday is to get out without another injury. Period. Thanks for the effort Ladies. Get some rest!

IndyValpo

Quote from: IndyValpo on January 26, 2012, 07:49:44 AM
I expect a victory in this one.  I project poor Horton will dress again and not play.  Jansone will contribute 6 minutes and the iron 6 will do the rest.

Well, Jansone played 6 minutes and Horton had the pleasure of watching the entire game in uniform....nailed those two, but not the victory. Perhaps against GB we will far enough behind that we play all 8 dressed players.

jack

We may get the managers in against GB!