• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Apparently Urule Igbavboa and Benjamin Fumey are playing on the same team in Germany now:

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/Valparaiso_University/758?Page=4
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

stay hungary, young man

...although, who are we kidding?  he'll change teams like a kardashian changes husbands.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

sliman

It appears Urule may have replaced Fumey on the German team, which incidentally must play in the same league with the team for which Lubos has been playing recently.  And there may be other Valpo players in that league as well.

DanFoster

iven that he now has the opportunity to play as many minutes as he can handle, I would think that Hrvoje will make great strides towards proficiency. By the end of this season he may have developed into a genuine mid-level, mid-major (200 to 140 RPI) type center which is exactly what we where looking for at the time that we found him. The improvement in talent that surrounded him at Valpo from the time of his recruitment to today has been pretty remarkable, and in that light both he and even a fully healthy Tommy Kurth might have been largely left behind.
[/size]
[/size]Hrvyjoe has certainly turned out to be good player in last few seasons.. but there is still lot to prove

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

It's always so fun/funny to see Ali update his Facebook with his music, especially knowing him:

ALI - LA PROPUESTA (OFFICIAL VIDEO) FT. Yomo & Oneill
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Always felt sorry for Ali, being only 6'6" and having movie star looks.  Must need a bunch of dating sites.  :'(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valporun

tx, I never heard Ali sing before, was he really this promising in college, or is this a figment of audio work to make him sound good?

valpotx

He didn't sound exactly like that, but he was pretty good.  He didn't really get going until after college though, and has several songs out over the last few years.  In regards to dating, he dated one girl for almost the entirety of his Valpo years, and she was a looker  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Yeah, I remember the girl you're talking about, tx. She definitely was.

LaPorteAveApostle

Forwarded it to my sister for comment and got:

Quote"We just watched the Ali Berdiel video. I don't remember him but I do remember the name. I think I would remember someone so hottt they require 3 Ts"

I didn't tell her that 3 Ts would have gotten him ejected 1 T ago ;)

Oh, and my own reaction:

--as a VU fan, kinda proud, I guess.

--as a video watcher, impressed with the effort and expense that went into it

--as a professional musician, throughly unimpressed.  auto-tune, man, auto-tune.  like finding a bra full of kleenex, Animal-House-style.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

LUBOS BARTON with the buzzer-beating 3 as the Czech Republic beats Poland 69-68 in EuroBasket.

Comment from a Wizards blogger:
"The guy who hit the game-winning shot, Barton, looks almost exactly like Robert LaSardo"

?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on September 06, 2013, 08:22:17 AMlooks almost exactly like Robert LaSardo

um....no. God, no. 

Unless Lubos has just completely gone to pot (both literally and figuratively).

bbtds

valpotx

Greatest Czech national team player.  Constantly proving that he is much better than Welsch...
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

well, Eurobasket started like

but ended...well...like this

losing 70-53 to Croatia.  Winner went to the 2nd round.

Lubos the leading rebounder for the team ...tx, compare his stats to Welsch's
http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid_8Xfg3jZMG1QuJnp6pnUWd3.pageID_K,TeEUToI4Ql1ia-Qgbu-1.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2013.roundID_8722.teamID_2612.html

bbtds

If Welsch had hit Lubos 43.8% on 2-pointers he would have had 7 more 2-pointers for 14 points. If Jiri had hit his 4 missed free throws, like Lubos, that's 4 more points for a total of 18. And the difference in the score was.........

valpopal

Former Valpo player Ron Howard was signed as a free agent by the Indiana Pacers today.  :clap:

valpotx

Hopefully that doesn't mean that he will just be in the NBDL again, as he deserves at least 1 game in the NBA!  He has done pretty well down there, only to be passed up all of the time.
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on September 12, 2013, 05:35:27 PMHuff, Haanpaa, and Nikkila all contribute in Finland games: http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid_8Xfg3jZMG1QuJnp6pnUWd3.gameID_8731-F-2-1.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2013.roundID_8731.teamID_.html

Shawn Huff

Antti Nikkila

Sam Haanpaa

Can you pick out the three former Crusaders on the Finnish team?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

Not to preempt bbtds, but our boys in blue "Finnish Strong At Eurobasket 2013".

Despite not making the quarterfinals, they did make the 2nd round for the second straight time.

Shawn Huff with the postgame interview!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMeeE61sSc&feature=player_embedded#t=8

Stats:
http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid_8Xfg3jZMG1QuJnp6pnUWd3.pageID_K,TeEUToI4Ql1ia-Qgbu-1.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2013.roundID_8722.teamID_281.html

Shawn Huff #2 on team in MP, pts, 3rd in rebounds, etc.  But shot 57.6% from downtown in the qualifiers, while just half that (29.4%) in the actual Euro.

Antti only 6 games of the 16 (qualifiers + Euro) and only 43 minutes total.  Did block a shot, of course, and grab 10 boards.

Haanpää didn't play in the qualifiers and logged the 9th most minutes (12 per game) on the team.  Only shot 31% from deep.