• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

YSU #1 seed in HL conference tournament 2023--now N.I.T. Tourney

Started by historyman, February 26, 2023, 06:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Yes, it does seem to be a miracle for the football school from NE Ohio in the Mahoning Valley. They will be the number 1 seed in Indianapolis.

[tweet]1629665179507077120[/tweet]

Maybe some of that East Palestine ground water has worked it's way to Youngstown and gave the Penguins some kind of super hero power?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

I noticed that the other day, and was curious if they will win the HL tourney.  Good for YSU.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on February 28, 2023, 08:22:14 PM
I noticed that the other day, and was curious if they will win the HL tourney.  Good for YSU.

The Penguins didn't win the HL tourney, as you bracket fillers know by now it was Northern Kentucky, but they got an automatic bid to the N.I.T. by winning the conference regular season. YSU does have to travel to Stillwater, Oklahoma to play Oklahoma State (6:00 pm CDT Wednesday, ESPN+), the first team OUT of the NCAA Tourney.

Bradley and Wardle go to Madison, WI & take on the Badgers in the N.I.T. (8:30 pm CDT Tomorrow/Tuesday, ESPN)

When did the final games of the N.I.T. move from Madison Square Garden to Orleans Arena, Las Vegas?

The 2023 NIT bracket for the men's tournament.

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

historyman