• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Jay Mohr in a Valpo shirt

Started by valpotx, April 04, 2013, 11:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Pretty cool!

"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I corrected it once I saw my post.  Does the attachment show up for you?
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Yes it does.  I just put up a link for anyone who didn't want to download something ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

crusaderjoe

Not sure why I remember this, but Jay Mohr wasn't necessarily the first celeb to sport VU gear:

Too Close For Comfort S5 E06 -- "And Baby Makes Two"

9:07

vu72

joe, my hat's off to you. Where in the world did you find this? funny stuff !!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on April 09, 2013, 10:19:33 PM
joe, my hat's off to you. Where in the world did you find this? funny stuff !!

It wasn't exactly the kind of show, at that time in the United States moral compass evolution, that VU wanted to advertise to their parents, alumni and friends. They brought up subject matter that was thought of as pretty progressive. Much like "Three's Company." It was set in San Francisco, of all places.  ;)

valpotx

For anyone that doesn't want to watch the episode (me lol), it is around 9:07
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: crusaderjoe on April 09, 2013, 07:55:13 PM
Not sure why I remember this, but Jay Mohr wasn't necessarily the first celeb to sport VU gear:

Too Close For Comfort S5 E06 -- "And Baby Makes Two"

9:07
crusaderjoe had the time slot in the post but probably too small compared to the screen.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on April 10, 2013, 03:40:30 AMcrusaderjoe had the time slot in the post but probably too small compared to the screen.

actually he did us one better--when you click the link, he set the video to start playing just before that scene, which is nice, and cool.

so in this case, auto-embedding was more of a problem.

valpotx

Mine didn't start right before the scenes with the Valpo shirt
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

If you just hit play on the video, yes.

But if you click the title of the video, it seems he set it up to play at the 8:58 mark or so.