• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VB wins

Started by valpospartan, September 04, 2012, 11:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

The VB team beat Illinois State 3-1, in a stiffling hot ARC, tonight.  They evened up their record at 4-4.

valpotx

It is amazing how used to 20 win seasons we are in volleyball, that it barely gets mentioned when we win now.  Congrats ladies, and a sport at VU that I always enjoy watching!
"Don't mess with Texas"

milanmiracle

I have to admit, I don't pay nearly enough attention to the VB program. I know they've been very good for a long, long time. Congrats ladies!
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

VULB#62

Got to hand it to the program Carin has built.  She and husband Mike just brought home their 4 year-old adoptee, Kasongo, from Africa (via Cincinnati on August 22 -- the day before the MSO game at Michigan State) and then Carin was immediately on the road to both Iowa the weekend of the 24th and then St. Louis the next weekend.  But the team is still completive despite playing only one home match so far (their next home match isn't until September 26).  She'll be with the team the next two weekends in Morehead, KY and then Bloomington.  That's a lot of travel and being away from a 4 year old who just arrived in America.  And while Carin is in KY this weekend, Mike is with the men's soccer team in California. Must be tugging at them as new parents -- I know it would be tough for me. 

historyman

Mike was sitting with his two sons above the bench (opposite the basketball wing, same side as the student section) for a portion of last night's volleyball match. I really didn't notice them in the crowd until Mark LaBarbera made his way up to that section to say "hi" to Mike and talk to their new son.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

Here are the highlights from last night's volleyball win over Illinois State. Someone needs to send this video to Alec Peters immediately  ;)

Valpo Crusaders (VB) vs. Illinois State

The back of the head of one of the posters on this board is displayed (unfortunately  ;D) a few times in this video.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

KL31NY

Valpo beat Indiana, rallying from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the Hoosiers in five! According to the VUVB twitter account, it's also Carin Avery's first win against a Big Ten team! Congrats!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

Finished off with a sweep of Miami (OH) and UT-Chattanooga to win another in-season tournament.  How many does Coach Avery have now over her VU coaching career?  Congrats team!
"Don't mess with Texas"