• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Memes

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 06, 2012, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

true, but i think tex means "of ball" not "sitting watching all the other kids while your parents keep you sitting on the sidelines".

speaking of which, screw the ncaa. that's bogus.  this should be his sophomore year.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: agibson on February 10, 2014, 11:42:32 AM
Quote from: HC on February 09, 2014, 09:07:31 PMTotally worth the wait
I'm not doing well this morning... Sort of grasping around at Canadian musicians. Maybe it'll come to me later.
You and law enforcement having Justin Bieber problems?   ;)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

and for the record:
http://espn.go.com/high-school/boys-basketball/story/_/id/3713024/loveland-capobianco-silences-critics/

and for HER record (#2 scorer when she graduated; #8 still--which, considering they've had 12 players drafted in the WNBA in the last 15 years, is really saying something)

Also on the academic honor roll in '84.  Senior year dished out 88 dimes, or 3.5 a game.  For a 6-3 C/PF?

Scored 34 on Tennessee in '82.  Take it to the Summitt!  Still the freshman scoring record (!).  Also still in 3rd with 32 against Austin Peay (also blocked EIGHT shots that game), and tied for 4th with 29 against Duke.  Amazing freshman, right?  Put up 571 shots.  Still a program record.  4th in FGM that year; 7th best point season (Almost half her points her FR year, though).  10th best rebounding year.

Got 22 boards in a game as a soph.  #9 on their all-time rebounding list.  THIRTEEN ASSISTS in a game as a senior.  AS A FOUR.  Still tied for 6th best game ever.  This is a good program, btw.  They won the WNIT her junior year.
(They had another really good player ... at some point they committed to her and Brackman-Capo's stats dropped precipitously--check it out!  It's like the opposite of progression : ( )

To give you perspective:  she made 277 FG her FR year.  Or 3 more than VU's best season, Lindner's amazing SR year.
834 boards would leave her 4th on the VU men's list, just 8 out of 2nd place.
571 shots--her freshman year--just 11 fewer than BROEKHOFF AND KVW COMBINED LAST YEAR.  That's 17.3 shots A GAME.  like. wow.
88 assists in a year is more than Broekhoff and Coleman combined last year.

wow.

DOES SHE HAVE ANY MORE CHILDREN?  (BESIDES HER DAUGHTER ALREADY HERE)

IF NOT CAN SHE?

AND CAN THEY COME TO the REAL VU TOO

PLEASE

valporun

Did she ever go 2-of-11 from the floor, but at least shot fake in that performance? Sorry, still have the Barry Hinson rant in my head.

valpotx

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 10, 2014, 07:39:21 PM
true, but i think tex means "of ball" not "sitting watching all the other kids while your parents keep you sitting on the sidelines".

speaking of which, screw the ncaa. that's bogus.  this should be his sophomore year.

Right, I was speaking of being allowed to play in actual games.  He improves just about every game he plays...
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 09, 2014, 08:03:50 PM
been waiting all year for a chance to use this one.

I've still got nothing here.  Bail me out?  Feat of?

valpo04

Quote from: agibson on February 11, 2014, 11:30:47 AM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 09, 2014, 08:03:50 PM
been waiting all year for a chance to use this one.

I've still got nothing here.  Bail me out?  Feat of?

Quote"Feat of Clay" is the two-part fourth and fifth episodes of Batman: The Animated Series. It originally aired on September 8 & 9, 1992. It marks the transformation of a disfigured actor into the villain known as Clayface.

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Feat_of_Clay

LaPorteAveApostle

wow, 04!  i'm truly impressed--I didn't even know that, I was just riffing on the cliché/metaphor inspired by Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. 

(I think that is in the Protestant Bible?  I'm pretty sure you have a book of Daniel just not all of it.  Forgive me.
Rule one of humor is know your audience :/ )

LaPorteAveApostle

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 11, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
wow, 04!  i'm truly impressed--I didn't even know that, I was just riffing on the cliché/metaphor inspired by Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. 

(I think that is in the Protestant Bible?  I'm pretty sure you have a book of Daniel just not all of it.  Forgive me.
Rule one of humor is know your audience :/ )

-Clay- !!

That's what I was missing.  Somehow he's always Yeo in my head.

One of those weeks, I guess.

Thanks.

historyman

When they were taking attendance at Triton High (they actually probably didn't need to take attendance because all the teachers knew all the students) and the teachers yelled out each students' name, when they came to Clay's sister Gertrude the girls thought it was lunch time.

"Yeo, Gert"
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

ARCInsider

Quote from: historyman on February 12, 2014, 12:07:42 AM
When they were taking attendance at Triton High (they actually probably didn't need to take attendance because all the teachers knew all the students) and the teachers yelled out each students' name, when they came to Clay's sister Gertrude the girls thought it was lunch time.

"Yeo, Gert"

LaPorteAveApostle

valporun

historyman, raspberry "Yeo Gert"  :thumbsup:

historyman

Yep, here is the typical reaction to my joke today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXsFASsd9A

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

classof2014

I think E. Victor will turn into a fan favorite next year. I've always noticed that while on the bench he's always the most liveliest and always doing little dances and stuff. Which is great to see as someone who has to sit out.

LaPorteAveApostle

StlVUFan

You remind me of one of Paul Oren's tweets from last night's game against Green Bay:

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/436676872437387264

LaPorteAveApostle

thanks.  that's the first time i've ever reminded anyone of a tweet :)

LaPorteAveApostle

I realize that the professors among you might not accept late work, but still, a memory of happier times:

As always, thanks ValpoPal for such inspirational work.

bbtds

We now know that Felder is as good as Peters but not a little Bader.