• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

rossi?

Started by truth219, December 06, 2012, 09:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

I heard that it is a serious medical issue along the lines of what Tommy Kurth was dealing with but not related exactly as far as medical conditions.
Let's just say that Alex is sitting out for medical reasons and not due to his play. The Valpo staff and Alex Rossi have decided not to reveal the medical condition.

valporun

bbtds, if this is true about Rossi, then it's understandable with HIPPA laws being what they are.

Smj

Rossi has the choice to share or withhold.   It is his personal information.   Just hope it is nothing too serious.

agibson

Quote from: agibson on January 05, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
OK, here it is in the Post Tribune piece
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/17391869-556/mens-basketball-valpo-comes-out-firing-after-loss-players-only-meeting.html
Men's basketball: Valpo comes out firing after loss, players-only meeting
By Michael Osipoff 648-3137 or mosipoff@post-trib.com January 4, 2013 10:38PM

Notes: Boggs missed the game because of turf toe, a problem that has been bothering him since the Murray State game. He would have been available in an emergency, with Drew estimating his capacity at "50 percent." ... California transfer Alex Rossi, who last played against Purdue Calumet, has been dealing with "medical" issues, and will be further evaluated, with more expected to be known in the next several days, Drew said.

StlVUFan

Quote from: Smj on January 05, 2013, 11:04:44 AM
Rossi has the choice to share or withhold.
And he is under absolutely no obligation to do so.

The National Enquirer mentality is one of the more common and regrettable extremes that sports fandom all too often lapses into these days.

humbleopinion

It seems he has foot problems and has been getting consultations.  I would anticipate more info shortly.
Beamin' Beacons

LaPorteAveApostle

I would say Rossi absolutely is under obligation to share or withhold...because, after all, he can't NOT do one or the other! :P
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

justducky

Quote from: bbtds on January 05, 2013, 07:38:08 AM
I heard that it is a serious medical issue along the lines of what Tommy Kurth was dealing with but not related exactly as far as medical conditions.
Let's just say that Alex is sitting out for medical reasons and not due to his play. The Valpo staff and Alex Rossi have decided not to reveal the medical condition.
Quote from: humbleopinion on January 05, 2013, 10:04:06 PM
It seems he has foot problems and has been getting consultations.  I would anticipate more info shortly.
Would I be reading this correctly to say that this has nothing to do with the hernia but might be similar in some way with the problem that cost Kurth both of his little toes? That might go a long way towards explaining why his defense seemed a little slow. Or from the meager clues provided should Dr Ducky conclude that he he has a very rare foot hernia that might require a fundoplication? ???

truth219

Will we ever get answers on this guy. Will he be back next year or what?

vu72

He might be the key to a very good next year or a struggling one with mixed results. I suspect that based on his espn ranking that his defensive issues were due to the foot problem.  I can't remember exactly but I seem to remember the reports saying that he was a good defender. That aside, we probably won't have a problem with ball handling and with Bobby, Vashil, Adekoye and Chadwick we probably will be OK on the rebounding area as well. The question then, is how to replace the scoring and at present, that burden will fall at the feet of freshman, unless, we could find a mature kid who has already proven to some degree that he is a lights out shooter.

Bringing Peters off the bench could be much the same as bring Dunham off the bench for Butler.  Just when the opposition thinks they have figured us out, we bring in a kid who can shoot lights out, and then what?  Well, we certainly will have a BUNCH of unknowns going into next year.  Let's just get it done this year.  It is our best chance in many years.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpopal

Quote from: vu72 on January 29, 2013, 08:13:04 PMBringing Peters off the bench could be much the same as bring Dunham off the bench for Butler.  Just when the opposition thinks they have figured us out, we bring in a kid who can shoot lights out, and then what?

I can't see Peters not breaking into the starting lineup.

truth219

Do you think lexus williams could start over dority

humbleopinion

I was told more information about Rossi's foot issues that may give some insight.  Evidently, one of his feet did not grow as quickly as the other.  He had an operation for the condition in California, and it has taken longer to recuperate than had been anticipated.  I hope that when he is compared to Kurth, the comparison does not include the debilitating complications that he experienced.
Beamin' Beacons

valpopal

Quote from: truth219 on January 29, 2013, 08:38:13 PM
Do you think lexus williams could start over dority

No, they won't even be competing for the same position. Williams would be a backup point guard to Carter. Dority will most likely start at the shooting guard position.

vu72

Quote from: valpopal on January 29, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: vu72 on January 29, 2013, 08:13:04 PMBringing Peters off the bench could be much the same as bring Dunham off the bench for Butler.  Just when the opposition thinks they have figured us out, we bring in a kid who can shoot lights out, and then what?

I can't see Peters not breaking into the starting lineup.

My feeling relative to the Peters, Williams questions has to do with maturity. Think of Rowdy.  Sure he contributed his freshman year but, unless pressed into action, re:Nuness, Kurth or Buggs, a freshman just has to adjust to a much faster and more skilled opposition. As for Dority, no way he doesn't start.  He is mature, built like a brick sh..outhouse and once he gains comfort with his role and playing with his teammates, will look much better.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

truth219

Carter won't be elidgible until december.

talksalot

OK, we've hammered out the backcourt...  who starts in the 4/5 spots?   Bobby? Chadwick? Yeo?

truth219

Yeo isn't very big. He's more of a gaurd

historyman

Quote from: vu72 on January 29, 2013, 10:08:33 PMbuilt like a brick sh..outhouse

And what exactly is a sh..outhouse?  Do you go there to make donkey loud noises?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Quote from: historyman on January 29, 2013, 10:59:51 PMDo you go there to make donkey loud noises?

Depends on how much fiber is in your diet.  If you're eating like a donkey, you're probably OK.  If you're mostly eating donkey?  Then, yeah, maybe.

valpopal

Quote from: talksalot on January 29, 2013, 10:11:32 PM
OK, we've hammered out the backcourt...  who starts in the 4/5 spots?   Bobby? Chadwick? Yeo?

Even though Bryce, like Homer, would probably lean toward starting experienced players rather than freshmen, by the time conference play begins, my speculation is that the starters would be Carter, Dority, Peters, Chadwick, Capobianco. At least, I hope Peters will be asked to play the 3 position. Yes, Peters is that good!

Of course, Coleman could develop due to his experience this year and Adekoya might be a strong challenger to Chadwick, who hasn't yet proven himself on the court in any real games. In any event, Adekoya will get a lot of minutes. Also, there are variables in place because of so many good freshmen shooters who could contribute a lot and compete to be the important sixth man—plus there is at least one spot left to fill (imagine the possibility of adding a high quality JC transfer!), Rossi's health is uncertain, and Bryce might decide to redshirt someone.

It should be fun to see how everything settles by January 2014. Rarely have I looked forward to a rebuilding year with such enthusiasm.   

historyman

Mark this down for next year. I heard some rumors that Chadwick's medical history is not perfect. There is no rule that transfers have to reveal their full medical history. That is up to the school to find out before they agree to the transfer.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wittynamehere

Just to clarify to crazy and completely unfounded rumors - 1. There is nothin wrong with Rossi's foot or feet and 2.  There are certainly NO discipline issues whatsoever

valpotx

Well that doesn't help any lol.  Hopefully everything will be ok for him, if he is having any medical issues
"Don't mess with Texas"

justducky

Quote from: wittynamehere on January 30, 2013, 11:25:48 PM
Just to clarify to crazy and completely unfounded rumors - 1. There is nothin wrong with Rossi's foot or feet and 2.  There are certainly NO discipline issues whatsoever
What you need to understand is that crazy and completely unfounded rumors are often our best and sometimes our only sources of information, and that it is not us who have chosen to be left in the dark.

It may be unfortunate that this is not a discipline or foot issue because those might be easier to resolve than what we may now suspect, but all of us wish Alex the very best in dealing with whatever this problem might be.