• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Interview with Erik Buggs

Started by sectionee, April 30, 2011, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Erik answered a few questions for me.  Read it here, http://sectionee.blogspot.com/

vu72

Thanks for posting this report.  Very well written and enjoyable!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

hckjag

Sounds like he is ready to step-up his game next year (as every player should). Every year there is a player or two who really step up their game to fill a new role. I'm interested to see if Buggs can ramp up his offense so he is at least on the other team's radar.

wh

Quote from: vu72 on April 30, 2011, 01:52:40 PM
Thanks for posting this report.  Very well written and enjoyable!

+1

sectionee

Quote from: hckjag on April 30, 2011, 07:31:03 PM
Sounds like he is ready to step-up his game next year (as every player should). Every year there is a player or two who really step up their game to fill a new role. I'm interested to see if Buggs can ramp up his offense so he is at least on the other team's radar.
I agree.  If he can become a threat from 18 feet out that will open up lots of opportunities for the rest of his teammates.  I also think that with this past year under his belt, we should expect to see some better decision making when he does attack the paint.

valpofan56

Quote from: sectionee on April 30, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
I agree.  If he can become a threat from 18 feet out that will open up lots of opportunities for the rest of his teammates.  I also think that with this past year under his belt, we should expect to see some better decision making when he does attack the paint.

18 ft out?  I'd kill for him to be a threat from 4 ft out.

DMvalpo18

Quote from: valpofan56 on April 30, 2011, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: sectionee on April 30, 2011, 10:59:45 PM

\
I agree.  If he can become a threat from 18 feet out that will open up lots of opportunities for the rest of his teammates.  I also think that with this past year under his belt, we should expect to see some better decision making when he does attack the paint.

18 ft out?  I'd kill for him to be a threat from 4 ft out.

he is not that bad! i would love to have him be from like 10 ft out. crossing my fingers...

hckjag

I would love to see him drive to the rim and score. I remember him doing every so often his freshman year but if he looks to drive and shoot (even drive and pull-up for a 10 footer) it will force the defense on him.  Of course he needs to hit those shots but he is quick enough he should be creating his own shot. 

valpotx

Hopefully he can develop something like Jason Terry does when he drives to the basket in a little tear drop.  He doesn't seem to be a good set shooter, so maybe this is a way for him to use his speed in beating someone, and avoiding it getting rejected.
"Don't mess with Texas"

DMvalpo18

i am confident erik will step up his game next year! that kind of quickness should be harnessed.

lowposter

Nice interview...

Shooting can be taught and improved.  This is an impressive young man and my guess is he will take the steps necessary to improve.

lowposter

milanmiracle

Quote from: valpotx on May 01, 2011, 05:00:36 PM
Hopefully he can develop something like Jason Terry does when he drives to the basket in a little tear drop.  He doesn't seem to be a good set shooter, so maybe this is a way for him to use his speed in beating someone, and avoiding it getting rejected.

I hope he can develop that tear drop, because he's going to need it. The cat is out of the bad with Buggs. That being said, I think he improve his shooting (how could it get much worse?) and at the very least his decision making will improve again next year. If anybody remembers his freshman year, that was brutal. The decision making improved dramatically from year one to year two. Let's hope year three provides the same results!
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado