• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Indiana High School Recruits 2012

Started by valpopal, May 19, 2011, 09:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Here is an interesting list of the top fifty 2012 recruits from within the state of Indiana. A half dozen list Valpo among colleges they are considering: http://indianarecruitguide.blogspot.com/2011/05/class-of-2012-rankings.html

dcvalpo

Two thoughts---

1) Indiana will be loaded

2) Only a couple of the prospects considering us are big men, and I think they are marginal, "project" type players at best.

sectionee

A couple big bodies with Valpo on the list.  If they are skilled and worth a scholarship hopefully we can keep them in state.

IU is going to be pretty tough real soon with Zeller and the others in the next couple classes.

valpofan56

Quote from: sectionee on May 19, 2011, 10:34:27 PM
A couple big bodies with Valpo on the list.  If they are skilled and worth a scholarship hopefully we can keep them in state.

IU is going to be pretty tough real soon with Zeller and the others in the next couple classes.

Maybe, but they will still have Tan Tommy coaching them so they will most likely underachieve.

Valpo89

Nice to see they listed Edward Seay of Merrillville as considering Valpo. But I'm not sure if that's true. He would be a great recruit, and not much of a "project." Elijah Ray of Bowman Academy would be another good one - he's a very solid 6-5. Probably a Chris Artis-type of a player.

lowposter

Lots of Indianapolis I465 players on the list.  Not sure if that is due to the geographic nature of the blogger or simply where the talent is (probably).  Osborne from Muncie would be a wonderful addition for VU.  Kid is pretty big.

NWI Times ran an article on Seay of Merrillville that he might go juco route.  He hasnt really asserted himself at MHS, but they have been very guard oriented of late.  Expect a HUGE year from him next year.

GRIII will be a force this year and is a delight to watch.  Catch him this year in the DAC. 

I am surprized Ronnie Beaman of Bishop Noll didnt make the team.  He was overshadowed by Filer last year, but he should have a good senior year.  The Eckert kid from North Judson should be an NAIA player.
lowposter

DMvalpo18

Quote from: Valpo89 on May 20, 2011, 08:48:24 AM
Nice to see they listed Edward Seay of Merrillville as considering Valpo. But I'm not sure if that's true. He would be a great recruit, and not much of a "project." Elijah Ray of Bowman Academy would be another good one - he's a very solid 6-5. Probably a Chris Artis-type of a player.

and some nice athletic ability to go with that frame as well. i get excited when i hear about good recruits considering us. but we will have to see what really happens. we sure have had our fair share of snubs in the past.

dcvalpo

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on May 20, 2011, 09:47:04 PM

and some nice athletic ability to go with that frame as well. i get excited when i hear about good recruits considering us. but we will have to see what really happens. we sure have had our fair share of snubs in the past.

Why the negativity?  Here's hoping for the best this year in recruiting under the Bryce regime!

DMvalpo18

Quote from: dcvalpo on May 20, 2011, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: DMvalpo18 on May 20, 2011, 09:47:04 PM

Why the negativity?  Here's hoping for the best this year in recruiting under the Bryce regime!

good point. forget about our past. let's trust bryce to get it done, as he has shown thus far in his few years as an associate. he should be more than ready now!

dcvalpo

That's the spirit...everyone needs to jump on the Pain Train, conducted by Bryce Drew.  ALL ABOARD!  :P

DMvalpo18

i have punched my ticket. i can't wait to see bryce on the sidelines as the main man!

dcvalpo

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on May 20, 2011, 10:37:34 PM
i have punched my ticket. i can't wait to bryce on the sidelines as the main man!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: