• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League vs. MAC Challenge?

Started by valpopal, May 23, 2011, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMvalpo18

i love the idea. i wonder why this hasn't quite been put into motion yet. especially considering all the games that are played between the two conferences.

vuweathernerd

it is a good idea for a regional set. but if i remember correctly, there has been some push-back from the mac against the idea.

valpofan56

I like the idea, but not with the MAC. The MVC or the CAA would be nice, but there are too many bottom feeders in the MAC that would be an RPI drag. The top few teams in the MAC typically match up well with the top teams in the HL and the bottom teams probably match up well too, the problem is just in the sheer volume of bottom teams in the MAC. For example, last year the HL had two teams (UIC and YSU) with +200 RPI and none with a +300 while the MAC had one team with a +200 (BGSU) and four with a +300 (CMU, NIU, EMU, and UT).

DMvalpo18

Quote from: valpofan56 on May 23, 2011, 10:19:59 PM
I like the idea, but not with the MAC. The MVC or the CAA would be nice, but there are too many bottom feeders in the MAC that would be an RPI drag. The top few teams in the MAC typically match up well with the top teams in the HL and the bottom teams probably match up well too, the problem is just in the sheer volume of bottom teams in the MAC. For example, last year the HL had two teams (UIC and YSU) with +200 RPI and none with a +300 while the MAC had one team with a +200 (BGSU) and four with a +300 (CMU, NIU, EMU, and UT).

don't you think the CAA would be hard to get in a deal like this? maybe the MVC...now we're talking. it would be so cool to see valpo playing a team from that conference. and it would be fun to see them play an MVC team at the arc too.

sectionee

We did play an MVC team in the ARC just last year.  It was Missouri State, and we beat the snot out of um! 

DMvalpo18

right, that game was great. one of the best played games we had all year. we were on fire, and played defense well. i would love to see more MVC teams come in.

covufan

While I think this would be a good thing for the HL, I really think that the HL Athletic Director should be working with the MAC, MVC, OVC, and CAA AD's for evenly matched games amongst the conferences.  It may not always match up for all teams in the MAC/HL, but 3-4 games could easily be found each year, and rotate among the conferences.  Just a thought.