• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Interview with Homer Drew

Started by sectionee, May 24, 2011, 11:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

This afternoon I got the pleasure of interviewing Homer Drew over the phone.  He was great to talk to.  At the beginning he seemed like he needed to do this kind of quickly, but I think he would have just kept talking had I continued with all my questions.  Anyways, give it a read and let me know what you think!

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/05/homer-unabridged.html

valpopal

I like the Coaches vs. Cancer info. Thanks.

Pgmado

"We all heard the questions asked during the press conference, and frankly I was a little disappointed."

I laughed out loud at this.

Other than that, good questions. Just not sure I'll be asking Homer about getting sandwiches named after him at the next press conference.

agibson

I'm not sure I would have counted Bowling Green among the "better mid majors", but I can well imagine the difficulty in getting home games.

EE - thanks for the interview!  I definitely appreciate these spots with the coaches and players.

sectionee

Quote from: Pgmado on May 25, 2011, 12:28:56 AM
"We all heard the questions asked during the press conference, and frankly I was a little disappointed."

I laughed out loud at this.

Other than that, good questions. Just not sure I'll be asking Homer about getting sandwiches named after him at the next press conference.
The sandwich question is one that I can ask which probably wouldn't quite fit for your job, and it was entertaining!  The restaurants of Valparaiso need to step up their game and give this man a sandwich or pizza or something!  Also, I'm sure you don't ask your best questions in front of the Post and save them for the one on one stuff, don't you? If were in your position I would save my best questions for later.

dcvalpo

wh

Congratulations on another well done piece.  You have a respectful, engaging approach that serves your purpose well. 

Articles like this remind me how fortunate we are at a small university in a "not-so-major" metropolitan area to have talented sports reporters from two area newspapers covering VU basketball year around.  Add articles like this one from talented folks like sectionee, and this is a dream for avid VU basketball fans hungry for the latest news about the program they love.  Thanks guys!

dcvalpo

Quote from: wh on May 25, 2011, 10:23:09 AM
Congratulations on another well done piece.  You have a respectful, engaging approach that serves your purpose well. 

Articles like this remind me how fortunate we are at a small university in a "not-so-major" metropolitan area to have talented sports reporters from two area newspapers covering VU basketball year around.  Add articles like this one from talented folks like sectionee, and this is a dream for avid VU basketball fans hungry for the latest news about the program they love.  Thanks guys!

Couldn't have said it better myself...so I won't!

(P.S.  Sorry about my attitude towards you earlier in the "tone of the forum" thread...You were right...those days are over for me, and just thought it might be the right thing for me to publicly apologize to you)

DMvalpo18

wh

Quote from: dcvalpo on May 25, 2011, 08:52:13 PM

(P.S.  Sorry about my attitude towards you earlier in the "tone of the forum" thread...You were right...those days are over for me, and just thought it might be the right thing for me to publicly apologize to you)

dc - You have made a valiant effort to smooth things over with people and close the past.  My hat is off to you... :)

dcvalpo

Quote from: wh on May 26, 2011, 03:44:14 PM
Quote from: dcvalpo on May 25, 2011, 08:52:13 PM

dc - You have made a valiant effort to smooth things over with people and close the past.  My hat is off to you... :)

And likewise to you!  You didn't have to forgive me but you have and that is HUGE in my book!!!