• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Evansville--11/20/2013 Wednesday--8:00 p.m. CST--Game Thread

Started by bbtds, November 16, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Quote from: Smj on November 20, 2013, 01:28:21 PM
I think there are more that would not pay than there are who would pay.    I think it is a scam because some of the feeds are horrible. ..   

That's my gripe. You're likely getting 2 hours of a feed that's probably the quality of a 6-times recorded over VHS tape... and for the same price you can stream a couple of standard definition recently released movies.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

Not sure if more an Evansville Ace's fan with the capability to post more than a sentence exists. So far the only game day thread I've found is on the MVC fans forum: http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3384. There is an Evansville forum called "the purple code" that does not have a game day thread: http://thepurplecode.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=759cda86977da8ae60c4c24f51d8415d. I think "the 50 shades of purple" is a more suiting name.

truth219

So besides paying to watch this game, whats the best way to follow the game online.

Atlanta Ace

Hey guys. I can't link to the site since I'm new here. Here is the Web address: PurpleAcesFans.com  Good Luck!

LaPorteAveApostle

truth, i like the gamecasts at cbs:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard/HORIZ/20131120

theoretically the Aces are providing the livestats, but either it's down, or just not up yet since still no game:
http://gopurpleaces.com/evansville.statbroadcast.com
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

Is there a better app than WJOB to listen to the game? Can't get it to work.

Blech just using laptop.

also: http://purpleacesfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50&start=10 is their game thread.

don't remember who gave the real rpi link, but thanks, and i have added it to my favorites. aces are ranked #112 now, with a quality win (mercer was #4, now #21).

Valpo would not likely be a quality win (#228), but they would likely be a bad loss.

lol

talksalot

Kinda funny that the UE stat board has our starters, including #10... Alex Rossi.... and coming into the game #12... Ben Boggs....

can you say last years' roster?  but they do have Alec Peter's in there at #25... weird...

Smj

crusadermoe

truth219

Anyone getting live stats....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Smj

watching the game and it is ugly.    We look like a division 2 team. ....

classof2014

Alec Peters is the only one who showed up today. They look awful. 43 to 26 with 3 and a half left in the half.

Smj

Down 25 at the half.    If we are going to play like this we should just pack up and go home.

wh

Our guys should feel lucky they don't play for Bob Knight, or everyone except Alec would be finding their own way home. 

bbtds

Despite the way Valpo is playing this game, the officiating is complete B.S. That is all I can bring myself to say at this time.

EddieCabot

Quote from: bbtds on November 20, 2013, 09:05:17 PM
Despite the way Valpo is playing this game, the officiating is complete B.S. That is all I can bring myself to say at this time.

Agree ... with decent refs, Valpo would be down 15 at the most.

justducky

I am beginning to think that my 4 and 5 prediction for Nov might be too optimistic. Is it too early to start talking about next year yet?

Smj

TIME TO CHANGE STARTING LINEUP.   We keep starting poorly.......   Maybe if we did not start out double digits behind we could win one of these.

ARCInsider

Quote from: justducky on November 20, 2013, 09:17:34 PM
I am beginning to think that my 4 and 5 prediction for Nov might be too optimistic. Is it too early to start talking about next year yet?

Don't be crazy.  Look, we have had some struggles at times....are you really surprised by that, given all the new faces in the rotation?  That said, we don't have a bad loss and we have been resilient.  Keith Carter is going to push this team over the top. 

10-5 on January 1.

classof2014

1st half was god awful to say the least. 99% of the time you win the second half by 17 you win. The starting lineup needs to be changed. They have started awfully slow every game. I think Bobby found his touch under the basket tonight. He's a 5 not a 4, Moussa is awful and Vashil isn't ready yet.

Some bad calls in this game as well, guess that's Evansville though. Game ball goes to Alec, 30 points he brought the team back into this game. He's gonna be great. By far the best player on the court, it was between he and Balentine.

I really hope we can find a way to start games off on a better foot. The offense seemed to click the most when Moussa nor Vashil was in. I was impressed with Jubril as well. 6 assists, didn't see that coming. Overall, a loss is a loss but when you're down by 27 and have a chance late in the 2nd half to win you were doing something right. This team is frustrating right now to watch. I do think these losses are gonna pay off later on. These games burn and sting and hopefully we can come out strong against James Madison on Saturday. We need a win and bad.

valpo4life

Our 1st half turnovers matched with Evansville's hot start from the field put us in a huge whole. But once the second half came around and we stopped giving the ball away and getting up shots we seemed perfectly fine. We all knew there were going to be early season struggles, but we've played 3 high quality opponents tough on the road. We will be just fine come conference time. Last point I want to make, Adekoya played a lot of key minutes and was on the court during both big runs we made in the 2nd half. With the way the other freshman have been performing, might as well get him in the mix more too.

wh

Alec was the best player on the court - hands down.  He out shot Balentine and far more of his points came in crunch time.  An amazing performance! 

Does anyone know the last time a true Valpo freshman scored 30 points or more?

StlVUFan

Quote from: ARCInsider on November 20, 2013, 10:13:48 PM
Quote from: justducky on November 20, 2013, 09:17:34 PM

Don't be crazy.  Look, we have had some struggles at times....are you really surprised by that, given all the new faces in the rotation?

THIS.