• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Evansville--11/20/2013 Wednesday--8:00 p.m. CST--Game Thread

Started by bbtds, November 16, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

The Bobby complaints stem mostly from his time trying to dribble penetrate as a 6'9"/6'10" basketball player, and soft defense.  I still like having the Vashil and Moussa combination for defensive purposes to offset Bobby's defensive woes, and extra fouls it allows our team to spread around.  There are a few posters who advocate benching Bobby completely, but that wouldn't be the correct thing to do.  He just needs to realize his role as needing to be the offense from the post from time-to-time, rather than being a SG. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

classof2014

Quote from: chef on November 21, 2013, 03:05:40 PM
Before the last game, the general feeling on this forum was Bobby is done, he should sit on the end of the bench, and Vashil needs to play more. 24 hours later, the consensus is, Bobby is our five man and should play 25 minutes a game, and Vashil is not ready to contribute. Anybody think there's just a tad bit overreacting going on from game to game?? :-[

I just thought Bobby was out of position at the 4. I was happy to see him play the post last night for the first time all season and he looked more like the Bobby from February. He's a 5 who can step out and hit 3s, which is really nice. He's not a 4 and tried to be a 4, he doesn't have the ball handling skills nor the quickness, to be a 4, that's why I thought he should be benched if he didn't want to move to the 5 or wasn't gonna get moved to the 5. I'm betting you he starts at the 5 against JM and wouldn't be shocked if Williams starts at point and Dority moves to the 2, Coleman to the 3, and Peters to the 4, with Bobby at the 5. I think Lexus has played well enough at the point to deserve to start, he runs it much better than LVD does. I think Moussa and Vashil will split time from the bench. Neither are strong offensively, Moussa comes in handy when the other team has a dominant big and we need him to shut him down. Bobby is a 5, not a 4, he looked awful at the 4 and when he moved to the 5 last game he played a much smoother game.

chef

Evansville played man-to-man almost every possession. Valpo play zone almost every possession in the second half. Evansville had a smaller player on Alec most of the game. Jubril was usually guarded by Evansville's 4.

StlVUFan

Quote from: chef on November 21, 2013, 03:05:40 PM
Before the last game, the general feeling on this forum was Bobby is done, he should sit on the end of the bench, and Vashil needs to play more. 24 hours later, the consensus is, Bobby is our five man and should play 25 minutes a game, and Vashil is not ready to contribute. Anybody think there's just a tad bit overreacting going on from game to game?? :-[
ME

LaPorteAveApostle

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OVERREACTING BUT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT PETERS WOULD TRANSFER AT HALFTIME
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

StlVUFan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 21, 2013, 08:31:47 PM
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OVERREACTING BUT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT PETERS WOULD TRANSFER AT HALFTIME
LOL, that's the most fun I had all night.  ;D

covufan

I don't know Peters, but doubt whether he is another Harden. 

a3uge

Quote from: covufan on November 22, 2013, 12:58:41 PM
I don't know Peters, but doubt whether he is another Harden. 

Yeah, I don't think he would punch a fan of another team. He also doesn't have the necessary facial hair.

bbtds

Quote from: a3uge on November 22, 2013, 01:22:10 PMHe also doesn't have the necessary facial hair.

Speaking of facial hair if I had just let my mustache grow a little longer I could have saved $2 on my ticket to the Valpo-Evansville game. I thought it would be better to be clean shaven going to visit my friend in Peoria and look what it costs me.   :(

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: a3uge on November 22, 2013, 01:22:10 PMYeah, I don't think he would punch a fan of another team.
yeah but if he did he wouldn't miss either
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa