• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Griffyn Carpenter

Started by zvillehaze, July 22, 2011, 05:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: Crusader03 on July 27, 2011, 08:05:00 AM
So, looks like ee-Gate is cleared up?  Big thanks to BigDWSU for policing the Valpo blogs!

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic, but I'm glad BigDWSU raised the concern.  Personally, I had no idea that something like this could be a potential problem.  Based on the other posts, I'm not sure anyone else did either.  I have come to learn that BigD is not the type of fan to poke a stick in someone's eye just for the fun of it.  He seems to know quite a bit about policies and procedures and cares about the HL and every team in it.  I think he simply didn't want to see anyone unknowingly cause a problem for our program.  IMO that is a noble gesture from a worthy adversary.

Crusader03

Quote from: wh on July 27, 2011, 05:32:02 PM
So, looks like ee-Gate is cleared up?  Big thanks to BigDWSU for policing the Valpo blogs!

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic, but I'm glad BigDWSU raised the concern.  Personally, I had no idea that something like this could be a potential problem.  Based on the other posts, I'm not sure anyone else did either.  I have come to learn that BigD is not the type of fan to poke a stick in someone's eye just for the fun of it.  He seems to know quite a bit about policies and procedures and cares about the HL and every team in it.  I think he simply didn't want to see anyone unknowingly cause a problem for our program.  IMO that is a noble gesture from a worthy adversary.

I was just kidding around.  It was just funny (but appreciated) to have an opponent helping us to avoid NCAA violations. 

vuweathernerd

Quote from: wh on July 27, 2011, 05:32:02 PM

well said. and i completely agree. thanks big d!  :thumbsup:

sectionee

I appreciate the heads up.  I know I learned a few new things from this experience.

valpo95

Does that mean our intrepid reporter section ee now gets media credentials?  That might look good on the resume...

Crusader03

Quote from: valpo95 on July 29, 2011, 08:18:23 AM
Does that mean our intrepid reporter section ee now gets media credentials?  That might look good on the resume...

I was thinking the same thing.  Have you considered trying to get credentialed ee?

sectionee

VU has never credentialed bloggers before.  Their reasoning is that anyone can set up a blog then say they need credentials just for the free admission.  The free admission isn't what I'm after since my wife works on campus and they are generous enough to let employees and family in for free.  I'm told they are revisiting this issue and have a meeting on Monday with the HL and this is on the agenda.  They are also looking into what other schools do in regards to bloggers.

I'm just looking to be more legit.  A few of the other perks they offer to credentialed media would be nice though; programs, notes, media guides, statistics would all be useful.

Valpo89

Quote from: sectionee on July 29, 2011, 10:28:21 AM
VU has never credentialed bloggers before.  Their reasoning is that anyone can set up a blog then say they need credentials just for the free admission.  The free admission isn't what I'm after since my wife works on campus and they are generous enough to let employees and family in for free.  I'm told they are revisiting this issue and have a meeting on Monday with the HL and this is on the agenda.  They are also looking into what other schools do in regards to bloggers.

I'm just looking to be more legit.  A few of the other perks they offer to credentialed media would be nice though; programs, notes, media guides, statistics would all be useful.

VU has a history of giving credentials to "media" people who actually have no professional reason for being at the game.

agibson

Free pizza in the media room?  :dance:

Valpo89

Quote from: agibson on July 29, 2011, 01:02:09 PM
Free pizza in the media room?  :dance:
That's why half the people show up, honestly.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: Valpo89 on July 29, 2011, 12:52:13 PM

I'm just looking to be more legit.  A few of the other perks they offer to credentialed media would be nice though; programs, notes, media guides, statistics would all be useful. :rotfl:

VU has a history of giving credentials to "media" people who actually have no professional reason for being at the game.

Most of them are named "Paul", right?     :dance: