• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

SectionEE Team Preview

Started by sectionee, October 23, 2011, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Since the preseason is about to get under way I went ahead and posted my 2011-2012 team preview a few days ago.  http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/10/valparaiso-crusaders-2011-2012-team.html

I also just received word that VU is granting me media credentials for the year.  I am pretty excited to have access to all those fantastic statistics and game notes!

agibson

Cool!  Congrats on the credentials.

I guess you get in-game box scores, if you want them?  And better, or cheaper seats?

sectionee

Cheaper/better seats isn't an issue (got to love the comped passes for family of employees) and I can't leave Mezz EE!  I am looking forward to all those statistics though.

agibson

Going to traipse all the way downstairs to the printer at each media timeout?

I've been wondering about section EE.  Does one actually stay there the whole game?  At some MLB ballparks, for example, there seems to be a long established (yet occasionally controversial?) tradition of creeping forward after the first couple of innings.

sectionee

I imagine people move on down, most games there are plenty of open seats available unfortunately.  I like the view from up there and my oldest son can run around without getting in the way of too many people!

rlh

Just think, you get to enjoy pregame pizza too....YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Pgmado

You'll be able to ask all the tough questions we didn't ask at the Drew retirement press conference, like what kind of sandwich are you named after?

I kid, I kid!

Looking forward to seeing you at the games.

sectionee

I don't plan on getting in your way pgmado...rhl, I already bought the crusader club passes so that perk isn't something I plan on cashing in on.  I just like the stats mostly!

Pgmado

Certainly not in the way. Looking forward to having some new blood in the room so it's not just Mark and I.

sectionee

I might come in there once in a while if something strikes my interest (like when we went into a stall tactic with all that time left in the CSU home game last year)...I'm excited to learn from you guys!

valpo84

Actually you should take advantage of the pressers. It's a good way to learn how coaches and players think during a game and to hear how the other side reacts as well. You learn a lot about a coach, the players and the school from how teams approach and answer the questions. And, as we've told my son as he was starting out always prepare and ask at least one question. It helps your view of the game, your story/blog and you never know when you'll get that memorable response. They don't all have to be hard hitting or attack. Some of the best questions start with "Coach, explain what the thinking was when...." Or "Why.....", e.g. why did you switch defenses coming out of every timeout...
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum