• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

John Beilein

Started by tiny707, February 19, 2020, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

This guy is now available..

NativeCheesehead

Don't know what you're smoking with all these posts.....

But I want some.

valpo84

Beilein is done.  His heart is not in it anymore. He has cashed the big check.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

elephtheria47

I think he agreed to a buyout now (instead of being fired at the end of the season), so he can be a frontrunner for any job that opens up in a month.

valpo84

I like John and think he is a great coach.  He was having this team run offensive sets (something sorely missing in Cleveland, even during the championship runs, except when Blatt tried to install an offense and Ty Lue had to give him credit for that offense) and he was teaching fundamentals, which with a team of 18-20 year olds, they kind of need.

This year physically and mentally has taken a large toll on John.  I would be very surprised if he rushes to take another job.  He's 67 and recruiting becomes a difficult thing because players (and other coaches) will be asking when is he going to retire.  I would like to see him back in the college game and there are some possibilities like Wake Forest (to re-establish the bar) or a school with NCAA troubles to ride that out for a few years, but this would be enter at your own risk, and it will take a bushel basket of money.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum