• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bradley Postponed

Started by may know, December 22, 2020, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

may know

League opener now Sat 1/2 & Sun 1/3 at Redbird Arena

NativeCheesehead

Well at least we're first in something in the MVC.

bbtds

Quote from: may know on December 22, 2020, 09:15:28 PM
League opener now Sat 1/2 & Sun 1/3 at Redbird Arena

Maybe, maybe not.

VU2014

From Sheldon's Instagram story, he's back home in Florida. If guys are home for Holidays this is going to be a long delay of games. Also a long delay in practice which is something this team needs. This could a be a really rough start to conference play whenever we get back up and running

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 22, 2020, 09:32:32 PM

We have to be the team with the most shutdowns in the league I'm guessing. Not a good look.

VALPO LI

Quote from: VU2014 on December 22, 2020, 10:14:51 PM
From Sheldon's Instagram story, he's back home in Florida. If guys are home for Holidays this is going to be a long delay of games. Also a long delay in practice which is something this team needs. This could a be a really rough start to conference play whenever we get back up and running

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 22, 2020, 09:32:32 PM

We have to be the team with the most shutdowns in the league I'm guessing. Not a good look.

Missouri State only played 3 non conference games opening their season on December 16th.  Valpo was fortunate to get 6 games in during that period of time.  I believe there were other Covid cases at Valpo prior to playing in mid November.  This could explain all the inconsistency fans are describing on the court.  Not an easy task for the players and coaching staff to go through.  Hopefully they all stay safe and Valpo can regroup and bounce back strong against the Birds in early January. 
Shine on Vu

crusader05

Also having the most shut downs doesn't necessarily mean anything other than being very cautious. With how close in proximity they all are to each other plus with campus being open it's not shocking that there were many shut downs and I'd honestly be suspicious of schools that didn't have any shut-downs because it probably  means that they are not following appropriate protocol.

valpo64

I would think that all MVC teams are in the same boat as far as cancellations are concerned.

valporun

The MVC also postponed the Illinois State series for New Year's weekend. This makes the Missouri State series the new MVC opener for us, so we could be 4 games back when we start play in 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see what happens in the MVC today and in the coming weeks.

The Duke women just cancelled the rest of their regular season due to Covid concerns. Will we see some other teams or conferences across men's or women's basketball making the same move before the weekend or 2020 ends?

bbtds

bbtds

QuoteNow the opening MVC conference games for Valpo will be Missouri State, January 9 & 10, 2021.

Maybe, maybe not.

VU2014

Looks like Sheldon is back on campus.