• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs UIC 1/16 @6pm CST at the ARC!

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 17, 2023, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

Let's make it 2 in a row against an old HL foe. We're 3 point favorites at home.

Valpo 72
UIC 67

humbleopinion

Valpo has a chance to establish a winning streak in Valley play (I think two wins are the minimum to be considered a 'streak").

I look forward to an entertaining matchup between two 1-7 teams.
Beamin' Beacons

AB

justducky

Another win tonight might help bolster my interest.

Quote from: AB on January 17, 2023, 12:12:47 PMDo the curtains come down tonight?

They probably could but likely won't. Maybe UIC brings a couple fans and we hit 1400? I was thinking about attending but found an excuse something else that needs my participation.

tjjvalpo

4 minutes b4 start time, there can't be 500 people here. Valpo student band showed up tonight though.

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

VUSWIM08-12

We've got an opportunity to win...can we execute late in the game ?!?

mj

I believe that we will win.

hailcrusaders

Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it looks like there are not one, but two teams more terrible than us in the MVC. How about that.
#CrusadersForever

AB

A win is a win. Two sub par teams battling. Nick Edwards is still fun to watch, despite his limitations. Not sure what was quieter tonight. The library or the Arc. Bring on Redbirds.

may know

VALPO LI

Give a big shout out to the student section wearing their black gold rush tees! They were standing the entire game!!!! 👏 👏 👏  :thumbsup: 👏 👏 👏
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

Do we have ourselves a little MVC winning streak??!!!!

I went 1-1 and ate the juice the bet valpo first half fade them second half.  Overall I'm well into profit based on this system. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

I thought we played a solid game and won as we should have.  Shooting was WAY better from the 3, going off at 45%! 14 assists to only 8 turnovers.  Solid performance.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

Now I am starting to get worried that the Valpo leaders will believe all is well after 2 wins over ham and eggers. This has happened before in our commitment to mediocrity.

Just Sayin

January Attendance:

1/1   1409   
1/4     915  :o
1/10 1543
1/17 1850

IndyValpo

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 18, 2023, 09:51:27 AM
Now I am starting to get worried that the Valpo leaders will believe all is well after 2 wins over ham and eggers. This has happened before in our commitment to mediocrity.
The over/under on this type of post was 24 hours. Those who bet under are the winners.

usc4valpo

Gotta be honest - Valpo May be satisfied. This behavior has been typical at Valpo.

vuny98

There are no easy wins in the MVC, so happy with the W.

Even if we win every game left on the schedule, we finish 13-7 in conference and would still be probably be a 4-6 seed. That's still not good enough IMO given. But more likely, best case scenario is more like 6 more wins, putting us at 8-12 in conference. Certainly that SHOULD warrant a move.

But like all have said, financials, apathy, and the like may give us a lame duck year next year.

wh

Over the years the book on Matt Lottich on this board is that he is a good recruiter but a poor coach. In general the hope has always been that his coaching would rise to the level of his recruiting. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the opposite has occurred.

Think back to the '19-20 roster that played in the tournament championship game. Javon, Ryan Fazekas, John Kiser, then freshmen Donovan Clay and Ben Krikke, Eron Gordon, Nick Robinson, Mileek McMillian. Other than Ben and Kobe, who on this year's team would even sniff the court on that '19-20 team? That's how far the talent level has fallen off in only 3 seasons.

So where will we be next year? No Ben, no Kobe, no Edwards, no Green. What's left is closer to a D-2 roster than a competitive high mid major roster. Beyond that we have two 2-star commits and whoever they can pluck from the portal, which is now apparently limited to former D-2 players. Unless something changes, next year's team will likely be Matt's worst yet.

I like Matt personally, but the program is in free fall in every dimension. I'll leave it to the AD and President to figure out what to do about it, but "we have a problem, Houston" comes to mind in describing the gravity of the current situation.

Pgmado

Just want to note here that Ben Krikke has an additional year of eligibility. It's not a foregone conclusion that he's gone.

Just Sayin

Quote from: Pgmado on January 18, 2023, 02:08:07 PM
Just want to note here that Ben Krikke has an additional year of eligibility. It's not a foregone conclusion that he's gone.

Well, he could transfer to a better team with a better coach. Wouldn't blame him if he did.

VALPO LI

Very interesting!
If Matt Lottich stays does Ben stay?
If Lottich goes does Ben go?
If the Beacons continue to loose does Ben leave?
Does Ben get the itch to play on a more competitive winning team?
Or does Ben continue to be the big fish in a little pond?  ???
Shine on Vu