• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Brandon Newman

Started by tiny707, April 07, 2023, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

Valpo89

Could have been Notre Dame.

wh

I think it will be tough going for awhile before we start landing quality transfers that don't have a direct connection to the coaching staff. Despite Roger's charisma and good name, we're still a train wreck until we're not. I can imagine a lot of players not wanting to be part of a complete rebuild, especially if they only have 1 year to shine.

4throwfan

Quote from: wh on April 27, 2023, 10:21:55 AM
I think it will be tough going for awhile before we start landing quality transfers that don't have a direct connection to the coaching staff. Despite Roger's charisma and good name, we're still a train wreck until we're not. I can imagine a lot of players not wanting to be part of a complete rebuild, especially if they only have 1 year to shine.

Agreed.  Even Powell is playing down expectations for the first year.  At least he's managing expectations, which is an art in and of itself.

Just Sayin

Brandon's assistant coach at Purdue for one year is now the head coach at Western Michigan. Relationships.

vu72

Quote from: Just Sayin on April 27, 2023, 01:09:59 PM
Brandon's assistant coach at Purdue for one year is now the head coach at Western Michigan. Relationships.

Except he signed with Western Kentucky.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

AlaskaCrusader19

Quote from: vu72 on April 27, 2023, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on April 27, 2023, 01:09:59 PM

Except he signed with Western Kentucky.

I believe he meant Western Kentucky. Steve Lutz is the head coach there now, and he was at Purdue for Brandon's redshirt and RS freshman seasons.

VUGrad1314

Sigh... I get that finding the right fits is important for both school and player but I really wanted Newman to come to Valpo. I just want Powell to start signing some players so that we know what we have to look forward to. I trust him and think it's going to be awesome but having to wait this long is making me impatient. Hopefully the patience proves worthwhile. I'm sure it will.

historyman

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on April 28, 2023, 01:31:48 AM
Sigh... I get that finding the right fits is important for both school and player but I really wanted Newman to come to Valpo. I just want Powell to start signing some players so that we know what we have to look forward to. I trust him and think it's going to be awesome but having to wait this long is making me impatient. Hopefully the patience proves worthwhile. I'm sure it will.

I agree. It's tough to have patience when we had patience for 7 years during the Lottich years but Powell is just starting with a program on a downfall & it will take more time. Patience must be restarted.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann