• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #4 - #23 Illinois at Champaign - 11/17/23 The Prodigal Son returns

Started by talksalot, November 15, 2023, 09:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

JD24 - where I'm getting at is Powell looking at a long term sustainable solution, which is required in a situation like Valpo. I like where this is going.

wh

Quote from: Chairback on November 18, 2023, 07:40:54 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=GtVaLshFIPOGW-E3&v=eE5oQyAKsJc&feature=youtu.be

• "The 11th least experienced team in the country against the 11th most experienced team in the country."
• Top 25 P-6 opponent at their venue.

The 2nd half result is what I expected from the opening tip. Instead, our guys played a brilliant 1st half of basketball. A proud moment for a gritty group of newcomers in their infancy. I love everything about these young guys.

AB

You can't help but to compare Powell's press conference vibe compared to Lottich. Hold's them accountable while praising. Speaking confidently. Doesn't make excuses about having to do laundry etc... Lottich was to concerned about hurting players feelings/protecting them. Anyway. Powell is saying all the right things. This year will toughen up the team, grow and learn from these experiences, come back more prepared and battle tested for next year.

usc4valpo

JD24 - where I'm getting at is Powell looking at a long term sustainable solution, which is required in a situation like Valpo. I like where this is going.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 18, 2023, 04:57:53 PMJD24 - where I'm getting at is Powell looking at a long term sustainable solution, which is required in a situation like Valpo. I like where this is going.
I heard you the first time and it didn't make any more sense (the comparision that is) the 2nd time.  ;D

VULB#62

Tonight at MSG #11 Florida Atlantic and the #20 Illini went at it in the Jimmy V Classic.

FAU took the first half by 1 point 40-39. Sound reasonably familiar?  Then there was the second half. Final: Illinois over FAU 98-89. Maybe we are better than some people give us credit for.  And/or maybe U of I is better than the pollsters give them credit for as well.