• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Marketing for upcoming games??

Started by Chairback, November 18, 2023, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

There is a game on Tuesday.   However, I don't see any digital marketing or any type of advertising for that game or any future games.

Does anybody know our marketing plan to get awareness on games and fans in seats?

Those of us who are longtime fans are aware.   But I'm not sure outside of that and people I talk to are clueless.  no one knows...

covufan

Quote from: Chairback on November 18, 2023, 12:39:31 PM
There is a game on Tuesday.   However, I don't see any digital marketing or any type of advertising for that game or any future games.

Does anybody know our marketing plan to get awareness on games and fans in seats?

Those of us who are longtime fans are aware.   But I'm not sure outside of that and people I talk to are clueless.  no one knows...
Like using social media to get college kids home from non-Valpo schools get in with current student ID and can/non-perishable item for a food bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VULB#62

Like old fashioned billboards with the Valpo BB home schedule on both ends of routes 30 and 14 leading into the city?

Like paid video advertising on whatever local cable network there is serving the Valpo community during the local sports segment (if there is such a thing).

And speaking of local cable, is there any?  If so, does VU get any coverage?  If not, why?

historyman

Like telling your absent minded friend that there's a VUMBB game this Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. against some team we used to play regularly in another conference a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Which reminds him to send a note to his friend, Joe, from Macomb, IL, a fan of the said team that VUMBB is playing on Tuesday to remind him that Derek Rob Jeter is an old friend of the Valpo program when he was in another conference a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away BUT different from the other old conference. And then you remember that Coach Jeter is no longer at WIU and Coach Jim Molinari is now at WIU and at one time was at Boston College which really isn't that small of a college and that Doug Flutie, who is on those TV ads with Frank Thomas, who likes to say "she'll like it too" on those TV ads, was once a famous QB at BC. Anyone actually follow all of that?

EDIT: And then you find out through wikipedia that Molinari took an assistants job at BC and is no longer at head coach WIU and now the head coach at WIU is Chad Boudreau, whoever that is.

And this Valpo team just might WIN!

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 18, 2023, 04:31:11 PMboth ends of routes 30 and 14 leading into the city?

btw, where is highway 14?

Hwy 49? Hwy 2? Campbell/Meridian Road?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

Yeah, I meant 49  :-[. And thanks for adding 2. Forgot that one.  :thumbsup:

vu84v2

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 19, 2023, 08:27:41 AM

Or new fashioned electronic billboards that can be updated.

Historyman...you are living up to your name with that stream of consciousness. The scary thing (for me) is that I followed it.

VULB#62

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 19, 2023, 11:41:27 AM
Quote from: VULB#62 on November 19, 2023, 08:27:41 AM

Or new fashioned electronic billboards that can be updated.

Historyman...you are living up to your name with that stream of consciousness. The scary thing (for me) is that I followed it.

And I lived in Boston for the Flutie phenomenon.