• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #6 - Southern University in the ARC - 11/25/23 Return of the Jaguars 3PM

Started by talksalot, November 22, 2023, 06:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Quote from: talksalot on November 22, 2023, 06:46:07 AMJohnson compiled a 50-17 record at home, and in 2003-04, guided the Gents to a perfect 13-0 mark in the Gold Dome and a second-place finish in the Mid-Continent Conference.

The one huge advantage that the Centenary Gents had in the Gold Dome is that the Gold Dome was not air conditioned (same as the ARC) but being in Shreveport Louisiana it was always humid in every month except maybe end of December, January & February. So the Gents were more accustomed to playing in the humid setting. Although I'm sure many of the Jaguars were not accustomed to the cold temps in Valpo in late November. Though it is heated in the ARC and not something you must learn to play through. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

David81

Quote from: historyman on November 25, 2023, 05:41:30 PM
Quote from: David81 on November 24, 2023, 02:25:08 PM
Valpo 73
Southern 58

Again, another prediction off by only 3 total points, good job!!

I'm so upbeat about the MBB program generally that I must be channeling them!

VULB#62

So happy for Darius. He has responded to the challenge. And Jahari .. wow. If these two spit games 20/20 there'll be no drop-off based on their performance in the last couple of games. Ball security. Outside shooting. Assists. Intense D. Isn't that what we hoped/wished for from our PGs? 

We all assumed that because of the heavy turnover of players and their relative inexperience that this team would play different than the teams of previous years. But it is the style of play that isso evidently different. TOTALLY different. The other difference is the never-give-up-scrappiness through all 40 minutes that is evolving.