• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/9/12, 6pm: Valpo @ Cleveland State Game Thread

Started by vuweathernerd, February 06, 2012, 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Quote from: FWalum on February 13, 2012, 09:09:50 AM
Quote from: historyman on February 13, 2012, 08:03:24 AMI know this is nothing new but it still makes me think that the injury to Kevin was more intentional than unintentional. But as I said the payback must come in beating UIC and Loyola and not giving Cleveland State any chance at hosting the HL tourney where they will get away with more of their "dirty" play.

I did not get to watch the first CSU VU game so after the win at CSU I watched the previous game and could not get over how many times Kevin got tangled up with someone and ended up on the floor.  I can't say that any incident in particular was intentional it just seemed rather unusual.

Butler is physical.

Green Bay is physical and very good at pushing the envelope right to the edge.

CSU likes to think they are Green Bay, except they push it past the edge, plus they whine like babies whenever they get caught.

And Gary Waters begins every postgame press conference (well, at least after crushing losses anyway) with "I always start by giving God all the glory."

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

wh

CSU   likable fans........unlikable program
BU     unlikable fans.....likable program
Milw   likable fans........likable program
WSU  likable fans........likable program

valpotx

I definitely agree with your analysis on program vs. fans.  As always, there are outliers to the fans portion, but a good amount of Butler fans are the only ones in league that I don't have the greatest respect for. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

zvillehaze

Quote from: wh on February 13, 2012, 12:30:08 PM

I'd take exception, but "unlikable" is much tamer than the "arrogant a-hole" blast from last week.  At this rate, we may improve to "slightly annoying" by the end of the year.    ;)

ValpoHoops

Quote from: zvillehaze on February 13, 2012, 04:13:53 PM

I'd take exception, but "unlikable" is much tamer than the "arrogant a-hole" blast from last week.  At this rate, we may improve to "slightly annoying" by the end of the year.    ;)

Butler: Likeable program, unlikeable fans. Except for zvillehaze. He's a jerk. Can't stand him. Wish I could bounce him off the Butler Bubble. Sheesh, what a moron...  :rotfl:

Not sure why, but I just felt the need :)  Your sarcasm detector might need new batteries after that though...I'm guessing it was howling away...

VUfan

So were does Valpo stand in this analysis? unlikeable, Arrogant a-hole, slightly annoying or likeable  or maybe we should not ask....and who do we ask?

sliman

Without a doubt, we'll be unlikeable to all those whom we call unlikeable.  Butler has its share of loud mouths and so do we.  We have some passionate, but thoughtful and nearly objective fans; so does Butler...and Milwaukee, et al.

milldew72

My only argument is your qualification of UWM having likeable fans.
They're the most unlikeable fans in the HL, which makes them really, really good fans. I'd say UWM and Butler have the "best" fans in the HL in as much as they really know how to be fans. They know exactly what to say and when to say it to get under your skin. That's what good fans do. They're nasty and they make you hate them because they're offensive in just the right ways and right times.