• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 8 at San Diego

Started by valpotx, October 30, 2021, 05:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I have to assume that we've never had a Football game, where we didn't complete a pass?
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

After a hot start by the team, what a terrible game on offense.  Nimz was abysmal...I mean, absolutely terrible today.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofb16

Offense played bad. This is why Limbach should be fired. And I mean should be.

You need 3 yards to seal the win on the road. have reigning PFL offensive player of year and another FBS tailback. You use neither. QB Draw and TE PA Drag.

What an absolute joke. Then. Then! Man cannot even get a play call in and we get a delay of game final drive.

Limbach has stolen from the University these past three years and wasted the careers of many. Time to move on. With all due respect.

valpotx

Agreed.  Even though he is probably thinking that USD will be loading up on Washington, at least give him the shot, as he is the best player on the field.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofb16

Fox is no idiot. I am sure he fully understands that it was unacceptable to not give Washington the ball there.

Very little belief Limbach will be back in any capacity next season

IndyValpo

I thought last week it was mentioned Limbach wasn't calling the plays anymore.

valpofb16

If he's not it'd be nice to get someone on salary that can

usc4valpo

To ease the pain of the loss, I hope Valpo fans stop by at Tino's and experience Ron Burgandy playing jazz flute. I can't believe Valpo lost today.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 30, 2021, 05:48:55 PMOffense played bad. This is why Limbach should be fired. And I mean should be. You need 3 yards to seal the win on the road. have reigning PFL offensive player of year and another FBS tailback. You use neither. QB Draw and TE PA Drag. What an absolute joke. Then. Then! Man cannot even get a play call in and we get a delay of game final drive. Limbach has stolen from the University these past three years and wasted the careers of many. Time to move on. With all due respect.
Yeah. To not have Washington involved, assuming he is healthy, on successive plays where you need 4 yds to likely seal a weird win is just unacceptable.

valpotx

Wow, 410 yards to 57, and we still should have won lol.  How odd...
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

I am perplexed. Last week the offense was on all cylinders and scored 45 on Dayton. Yesterday their performance was awful. San Diego is at the same level as Dayton IMO. What changed? Did the players make a trip to TJ and slam shots of Don Julio the night before the game? Perhaps it was just the coaches who made the trip. I can't figure this enigma out.

vu72

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 30, 2021, 05:48:55 PMYou need 3 yards to seal the win on the road.

Well, seeing we had a total of 2 yards passing the entire game 3 yards was going to be an issue.  Had to be a record in futility.  WTF...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

"I'm in a glass case of emotion." Ron Burgandy. This quote says it all after a puzzling defeat.

valpofb16

That looked more like Limbachs offense , short routes not a lot of shots. Not a lot of pullers in run game.

Wonder if Fox knew some holes in Dayton and took over for that week. Regardless, let's get a new OC in there in December!

ProudCrusader

It was awful...no real scheme...San Diego was never confused and seemed to know exactly what we were about to do. I'm very concerned that if a real offensive coordinator does not come in, we will lose any talent that we do have to the portal...that goes for both sides of the ball. Need a coach who knows what he wants to be...spread offense...a power running team, pro style...right now I have no clue what we are trying to be. Frustrating to say the least.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 31, 2021, 09:22:02 AMI am perplexed. Last week the offense was on all cylinders and scored 45 on Dayton. Yesterday their performance was awful. San Diego is at the same level as Dayton IMO. What changed? Did the players make a trip to TJ and slam shots of Don Julio the night before the game? Perhaps it was just the coaches who made the trip. I can't figure this enigma out.
San Diego is not at the same level as Dayton is your first mistake. Not at this time.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 31, 2021, 10:10:20 AMThat looked more like Limbachs offense , short routes not a lot of shots. Not a lot of pullers in run game. Wonder if Fox knew some holes in Dayton and took over for that week. Regardless, let's get a new OC in there in December!
It looked like Limbach's offense and he appeared to be the one sending in the plays unless I misidentified who it was.

David81

Agree with criticisms of the play calling, and also sharply curbing my earlier optimism about the QB play. Going 2 for 16 is practically unheard of in today's game.

I've also spaced out on this: Does Washington have another year of eligibility, or is this it?

ProudCrusader

usc4valpo

Ron Burgundy: Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

valpofb16

This is it for Washington. Meaning our offensive coaches will have to coach.

Fox in his preview for Presbyterian said offense was on the coaches and that this week is on the offense

Aka offensive staff is coaching for jobs

usc4valpo

"Okay, before we start, let's go over the ground rules. No touching of the hair or face. And that's it. Now, fight!" – Ron Burgundy

ValpoDr

Ok. I'm absolutely amused. Fox made himself the O play caller. Two weeks ago.
This team under his leadership is horrid; literally blame it all on him but at the same time; blame it on the parents of the former JV football kids who are Jr and Srs now. If it wasn't for their money, they'd be playing nothing more than an Xbox at State U right now. So don't kid yourselves.
Fox is doing what he can do with suspect talent.

ValpoDr

I don't think I've ever heard the term 'hot start' and Valpo football together, ever. Just sayin.
Look, this team just flat out sucks.
The colors suck.
The name change sucked...I mean really...can't be a Crusader but can be a damn beacon?! I'm blinded by the light!!
Coaches suck...but come on...a few K more than a decent HS football coach
And last but not least....are you kidding me....a "D-1" team and a football forum listed as "other sports".....bahahahahahahahah.....

ValpoDr

valpo04 edit: not sure what your deal is, but this one crossed the line.