• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ex-Crusader leads Chaminade past Texas in Maui!

Started by valpotx, November 20, 2012, 01:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

lowposter

Wow...he had talent when he was here.  Glad to see he had a great game.

lowposter

valpotx

I didn't even notice the first time that he scored his 32 points in only 25 minutes.  Even more impressive!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: lowposter on November 20, 2012, 08:30:33 AMWow...he had talent when he was here.

Why didn't it work out?  I don't even remember...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

milanmiracle

Yep, not sure why it didn't work out at Valpo, but I always thought he was a talent. I re-read my old posts on the old forum and it seemed like he wasn't happy at Valpo. I am glad he found a landing spot and is having some success.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

wh

Wasn't he a part of the freshman class that included Logan Jones?  There was quite a bit of turmoil that year (chemistry problems on the court and other problems off the court), most of which involved Jones in one way or another.       

LaPorteAveApostle

man, i wish i knew all the background stories on these issues.  not like in a gossip sense, but in a "Lost" "how did we get here?" kind of sense. all i'm really privy to is the Arden Skoglund situation.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

milanmiracle

Quote from: wh on November 20, 2012, 05:15:46 PM
Wasn't he a part of the freshman class that included Logan Jones?  There was quite a bit of turmoil that year (chemistry problems on the court and other problems off the court), most of which involved Jones in one way or another.       

Yep Haskins was part of that class and that forgettable season. Too bad he couldn't have stuck it out. Good for him and it's worked out fine for VU too.

*and thanks for the Logan Jones flashback...quite possibly the worst D1 player I've seen to date. I am still trying to erase that from my mind. Ha ha.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

Smj

Nice game...   

Doesn't always work out.  That's why we have a very impressive group of transfers into Valpo right now...   

milanmiracle

He put up 19 pts and 6 reb vs. Illinois last night, though they lost.